Sunday, December 21, 2014

Have a vision and live it!




 By: Marcia King-Gamble





In December I wrap up the year at the exact same time I wrap up my presents.  I see it as the perfect time to reflect on what went right and what didn’t go as planned that year. Instead of beating myself up,  I think about what I might do differently in the new year and I start coming up with a plan.

It's an opportunity to paint an entirely new canvas.  Anything goes!

Below is an example of a vision board I created  two years ago.


What's a vision board?

Think Pinterest. But mine isn’t virtual (some people's are.) I actually go out and buy Bristol Board.  I clip pictures and inspirational quotes from newspapers and magazines and paste them on that board.  I dream of places I want to visit and people I want to meet and see.  Maybe even people I want to be. My board represents inspiration and  hope! I have fun with it.


It's a great motivator and a way to envision what I want the upcoming year to look like. Then I create that year in pictures. My board is divided into quarters, but yours can be whatever you want it to be. Mine always has at least one quarter devoted to travel.  Another quarter is devoted to writing, another to my personal life,  and the fourth  is where I dream big dreams. 

During the year  I depend on this board to keep me on track. When I'm not feeling optimistic I go to the board for reinforcement. Just looking at the pictures and sayings, makes me realize all things are possible. It's the map I use when I lose focus. It's where I registered my hopes and dreams.  In my head dreams do come true.


Call me an eternal optimist,  but  if you can see it you can be it. This is why I chose this exact time of year to reissue one of my best sellers to date. His Golden Heart, formerly titled, Change of Heart.




http://amzn.com/B00R41R8O4
http://bit.ly/1wKsjDM



It’s a story about an athlete who loses hope after losing his chance at a gold medal.  And it’s about the incredible woman who helps him find his way back to the land of the living. It’s a feel good story and perfect for the holidays.  I hope you read it.   



And so as this year draws to a close, think about all the good things that came your way. Remember to cherish your family and friends and create your own vision board. Make it your map for the year to come.



Happy 2015 all!

 www.lovemarcia.com
 https://www.facebook.com/MarciaKingGamble

5 comments:

Judith Ashley said...

You Vision Board is a great idea! I do something similar but it is a boring list that I post next to my computer so I see it at all times (I'm not very visual so this works for me). Once a quarter I go through and check/cross off what I've completed.

I never fail at anything! because even if I'm not at 100% I've done something and generally I'm over 50% by the end of the year. If not, I take a hard look at why I'm not - is this really something I aspire to, dream about, etc? In other words, is this My Dream or really someone else's.

May your 2015 Vision Board manifest by this time next year!

Sarah Raplee said...

I love this idea! Thank you, Marcia. I'm going to try it for myself.

Echo Ishii said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Echo Ishii said...

I want to do this! Using a real board & pictures sounds like a great idea.

Marcia King-Gamble said...

Thanks for stopping by. I'm visual, so creating a visual wish list works for me. That's how I first got published. I stopped in at every book store there was, and envisioned my books on the shelves. I love my vision boards. Judith,if a list works for you, that's great. The important thing is realizing those dreams.