Saturday, June 24, 2017

Sassy, Sexy Southern Romance by Liz Talley

Hello, everyone!
 
SWEET SOUTHERN NIGHTS
I’m so pleased to be here talking about writing, books and the new stories ricocheting around my brain. My name is Liz Talley and I write contemporary women’s romantic fiction. I’ve been writing for seven years now and have over twenty books under my belt…and yet I still feel like a newbie in this writing world.


One thing I’m very proud of is the fact I write escapist fiction. I make no bones about writing books that deliver a warm hug in the end. Though guys often read my books, I primarily write my stories for women with the thought they can pick up my book, prop up their feet and escape from the troubles that plague them. So many of us deal with hard things in life – aging parents, divorce, bills piling up, health crisis – that we don’t want to read books that make us…well, depressed. So I make sure my books deliver laughter and love.
CHARMINGLY YOURS

One series that definitely brings the sunshine is the Morning Glory Series. Book one, Charmingly Yours, debuted in May 2016, followed by two more books plus a cute novella. The covers say it all – fun, sweet and satisfying. I call this series Sex and the City meets Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants and all the books are perfect for the beach, pool or the front porch (or just a lazy day in bed).

Currently, I’m working on a stand-alone women’s fiction book served with a side of romance called Carolina Moon. This emotional story is set against the beauty of the South Carolina coast, and while still very much a Liz Talley book, this book deals with three people who’ve made some terrible mistakes in the present and past. The theme of the book is the power of owning one’s mistakes and the healing that can take place once people ask for forgiveness. This book will be available in 2018.
 
THE SWEETEST
SEPTEMBER
Thanks for having me by at Romancing the Genres. If you’d like to check out my books, the easiest way is to hop over to Amazon at http://bit.ly/LizTalleyAmazon . You can follow me there (look under my pic) to get updates on new books and “Look Inside” books to get a feel for my stories.

Happy reading! ~ Liz


Bio
A finalist in both RWA’s prestigious Golden Heart and RITA contests, Liz Talley loves staying home in her jammies writing emotional contemporary romance. Her first book starred a spinster librarian – Vegas Two Step – and debuted in June 2010. 

AUTHOR LIZ TALLEY
Since that time, Liz has published twenty-one more books with Harlequin, Berkeley and Montlake, reaching number one in kindle romance with her latest series. Her stories are set in the South where the tea is sweet, the summers are hot and the men are hotter. Liz lives in Louisiana with her childhood sweetheart, two handsome children, three dogs and a mean kitty. 

You can visit Liz at www.liztalleybooks.com or follow her on twitter or facebook to learn more about her upcoming books.

3 comments:

Sarah Raplee said...

Can't wait to read these! Thank you for Guesting at RTG, Liz!

Judith Ashley said...

Liz, The kitty has to be mean in a family with three (3) count'em dogs! LOL We appreciate your joining us this month.

liztalley said...

Oops! I'm so sorry I'm late to this. I've been wrapping up my latest book and getting it in to my agent and editor. Whew! Always exhausting and I feel triumphant. Thanks for having me here! I love to visit and make new friends!