Tuesday, May 10, 2011

What is a contemporary paranormal romance writer?

You know you’re a contemporary paranormal romance writer when…

…several of your A.N.G.E.L.s follow you around the grocery store, advising you on the best things to purchase and you have to refrain from answering them out loud for fear you will be banned from Super Wal-Mart forever;

…you hear one of your A.N.G.E.L.s singing a soft lullaby for you at night and dream of them all night long, waking rested and loaded with tons of new story ideas;

…you talk aloud to your characters on a road trip because you know they are there in the car with you;

…and you hear them answer.

This is how it is with my characters. They live and breathe not only in my head, but by my side wherever I go.  My A.N.G.E.L.s are quite secular, so occasionally they cuss along with me when something goes wrong but I know they’re around so everything will be okay.

My A.N.G.E.L. stories could be classified as romantic suspense if it weren’t for the paranormal aspect.  I like to think of that aspect as an alternate world that exists alongside ours, a what-if that could happen, but we don’t really know for sure that it has not.


 © SamMarie Ashe 2011 All Rights Reserved

8 comments:

michelle said...

i like your A.N.G.E.L stories. i had the pleasure of reading one. you do a wonderful job.. you are a wonderful person to.. hugs. michelle H.

Sarah Raplee said...

LOL! So many writers say their characters follow them around. I read that Charles Dickens used to knock them out of his way with his cane. :)

I can't wait to read your A.N.G.E.L. books! Paranormal romancitc Suspense - what could be more fun?

Sherry Gloag said...

Your A.N.G.E.L. stories sound fascinating. Good luck with them. Yeah, my characters hang around too.

maepen said...

Can't wait to read them Sammie. Welcome to the blog!

Diana McCollum said...

Wow! A.N.G.E.L. stories sound really inspiring. I bet the Angels are great company on a road trip.

Tam Linsey said...

Hi, Sami! What does A.N.G.E.L. stand for in your stories?

Judith Ashley said...

A.N.G.E.L's are a great concept and I love the 'what if' - I do believe that there are alternate universes along side our own so your premise isn't far-fetched. I love the idea of Guardian A.N.G.E.L's being with us when we need them.

SamMarie Ashe said...

Ooo... thank you all for commenting! I have the letters explained in the storyline, so I don't exactly like to blurt out what they mean, so hopefully later this year that info will be out and public and then whee! Maybe the characters will stop following me around? I hope not, I've gotten quite used to having my own A.N.G.E.L. hanging around 24/7.
*grin*

Have a great day everyone, I'm enjoying the group blog and hope you are too!
-Sami