Friday, December 8, 2017

Christmas Stress!!!



I am reusing this old post because I'm feeling stressed again.
I have up dated it to reflect this year's stress!

Christmas is fun!

Ha!  I sit here at my computer with piles of presents sitting on the floor waiting to be wrapped.  There’s menu’s to plan, grocery lists to make, cookies to be baked, cards to be addressed and sent, and the house needs a thorough cleaning!

I thought I was ahead of the holidays this year.  I bought my Christmas cards in October, all the stamps in November, and now I ask you, where did the time go?

We bought our tree on Saturday and decorated it Monday and Tuesday.  I’m starting to get in the mood for Christmas.

Seems like I’ve just now recovered from Thanksgiving, we were lucky enough to have wonderful visits from family near and far.  So enjoyable!!  And as I said my last goodbyes to departing family, I remember thinking a few days to recover and rest and then I’ll start on Christmas.  Ha!  I let that thought fly right out of my head.

Tomorrow I’ll get my Christmas cards addressed and sent.  (At least I don’t have to wait in the Post Office line, since I did already buy my stamps.  That’s terrific isn’t it?)  Then I can scratch one more thing off my to-do-list.  I’m feeling better already!

I want to wish you all a stress free, lovely Christmas! OR if you don't celebrate Christmas, the best Holiday of the season.

Okay, enough stress! I think I'll have a lovely cup of hot chocolate and start a new list . . . 

Now I’m thinking about what kinds of cookies I should make?

Watch out Christmas, here I come!


What is your favorite thing to do to get ready for Christmas?  My favorite thing is baking cookies!!

7 comments:

Judith Ashley said...

It used to be getting the tree - even if it wasn't decorated I loved the smell of the fir bringing the outdoors in. These days I don't do much of anything in the way of decorating. I do put a wreath on my front door (sometimes I get two and have one inside since I no longer do a tree). I don't bake (no flour, no obvious sugar eating plan makes cookies and candy obsolete). I do have my pomelos this time of year and as it is the only citrus fruit I can really eat, it is a treat (and gone by the end of February). This year I got a small potted lemon cypress tree that I plan on nurturing through the winter and then planting outside. I also got a planter with another lemon cypress, poinsettia, kalanchoe (sp) and another intriguing plant. They are in a bright red planter and Very Festive. I do plan on sending cards out this year and maybe will get them done this weekend. We'll see. My goal is to have a stress free December and so far I'm doing well.

Diana McCollum said...

Your simple but festive way of celebrating is sounding mighty fine to me! Does the Lemon cypress smell like lemons? Thanks for commenting.

Judith Ashley said...

No a lemony smell but if you gently rub the needles and then smell your fingers there is a lemony aroma and it is a lemony color (sort of a bright yellowy green). We'll see if I can nurture them through to summer.

Sarah Raplee said...

Baking cookies and decorating are my favorite things to do to get ready.

We bought a small, fragrant Rosemary bush shaped like a Christmas tree for a centerpiece this year. The scent sold us on it! We can keep it on a shelf in the kitchen all year round.

Diana McCollum said...

Sarah, I love Rosemary bushes. I had several in California. Unfortunately, both the ones I bought didn't make it in Oregon with the harsh high desert temps. Thanks for stopping by.

Paty Jager said...

Take a deep breath! Baking and wrapping presents is what makes me really feel like Christmas is on the way.
Merry Christmas, Diana!

Z. Minor said...

Christmas is my favorite time of the year. I love the decorations and wrapping and opening presents. My husband said I am worst the any kinds. What I hate is taking all the decorations down. Our weather here in Kansas is anything but Christmassy - no snow - just a little cold. I want snow doesn't have to be a lot just a dusting would do. Merry Christmas. Lady Di.