OCTOBER
THRILLER ROMANCE


10-21 Sarah Raplee – Author of “Blindsight” Psychic Agents Series, Book One

Thursday, November 21, 2013

Holiday Movies

November’s theme (in case you didn’t know) is Holiday Themed Romances and, as usual, this one kinda threw me for a loop because I don’t read holiday themed books....at least not since I was a child. And only then, the only books I read every holiday were Twas the Night Before Christmas and A Christmas Carol. And, to this day, they are still my favorite stories.

Now, for me, reading a holiday book doesn’t much put me in the mood to celebrate and I much prefer watching holiday movies because the visual is there for me to see. As a kid I always had my favorites that I watched over and over with my siblings such as; The Little Drummer Boy (which always makes me cry), The Littlest Angel (a really, really old movie), and of course A Charlie Brown Christmas. I don’t watch these much, anymore, because my kids never really got into them. Although, as they get older, I’ve been able to get them into watching some of the old movies I loved as a child, like White Christmas. Over the years, it’s even become a tradition to watch a holiday movie on Christmas Eve. Last year I made my family “sit through” The Homecoming....for those not as old as me, that would be the movie made back in the seventies about the Waltons (John-boy?? Not ringing any bells?...oh well)  Half the kids enjoyed the movie, the other half were bored, but they humored me. Haha  This year I chose, The Family Stone, as our Christmas themed movie. If you haven’t seen it yet, you should. It’s a fun movie.  

So, what about you? Do you have any favorite holiday movies you can’t wait to watch? 

2 comments:

Judith Ashley said...

I'm not much of a movie watcher, Terri, but I do remember The Homecoming, the Waltons, John-boy as well as the other movies you mentioned. In my younger days I did movies more than now. Not even much of the 'made-for-tv' movies although if one of my books was made into one, I'd be there with bells on! Well, that won't happen in terms of a holiday-themed movie - darn!

Sarah Raplee said...

My favorite is Miracle on 34th Street, another old movie.

I just read a holiday-set book that defies classification, but it's woonderful. Historical, Time Travel, Mystical, Romantic, Christmas - all are true. Filled with lyrical prose and emotional events, this story and the characters are unforgettable..

It's called Winter Ghosts by Kate Mosse.