Thursday, September 24, 2015

A ROSEAHOLIC BY MARGARET TANNER

MY FAVOURITE FLOWER IS THE ROSE - Margaret Tanner

My rose garden is close to my heart, and I tend it with loving care, because roses truly deserve special treatment. No chore to tidy up here. I banish any weed the moment it rears its ugly head near my “lovelies.”



Roses are my favourite flower. My husband thinks I am obsessed with them.  I always wear rose perfume, Bush Rose, Musk Rose. The Yardley (English company) Rose has a lovely perfume, as sweet and fragrant as its namesake. How many wonderful people have you met who are called Rose, Rosy, Rosemarie, Rosemary?



I have to confess that my garden is full of roses. Hubby hates them with a passion because he thinks they deliberately jump out and stick their prickles into him.



I love the old fashioned roses the best. They may not be quite as colourful as the modern day varieties, but they always have a gorgeous perfume.  Just Joey, a beautiful large bloomed orange rose with a delightful perfume is one of my favourites.  Another favourite is a blood red rose named Oklahoma, the perfume is as heady as wine. My garden has recently acquired a rose called. The Chocolate Rose. I have to say that although the bloom is pretty, it isn’t stunning, but it certainly has a chocolate perfume, and you can take that observation from a chocoholic. If there is one thing I know, it is the smell of chocolate.



It amazes me how often I seem to give the characters in my novels a floral name. It must have been an instinctive thing because I don’t recall actively trying to do this.



In Haunted Hearts, the heroine’s daughter is called Rosie. In A Mortal Sin, the heroine is named Daphne. Iris is the wicked mother-in-law in Make Love Not War

I have also written a novel with the title of A Rose In No-Man’s Land, recently re-released by Amazon Encore, and on Pre-Order now. Can you see a pattern here?

                       

So, there you have it. I wonder if there is such a thing as a roseaholic?



I was invited to contribute a Western novella for a Christmas Anthology. There are ten award winning or Amazon best-selling authors taking part. Yes, I was able to fit in a flower. The heroine is called Holly.



SILVER BELLES AND STETSONS

It is on Pre-Release at Amazon for only 99 cents.



My contribution is Cowboy Christmas.

BLURB: Zac Goodman is a gunslinger who is haunted by an injustice from his past. He finds heavily pregnant Holly O’Leary in an abandoned wagon, her cheating husband lying dead a few yards away.

Reluctantly he takes her to his cabin to give birth.

Will this miracle Christmas baby unite two tortured souls? Or will it forever keep them apart.



WIX PAGE FOR ANTHOLOGY




 

1 comment:

Judith Ashley said...

Oh my, Margaret, I think you're a hybrid---a cross between a roseaholic and a chocoholic. And you are so right about the newer versus the older roses. The new ones may be brighter in color but they do not have the perfume of the old ones. Thanks for reminding me about Yardley's. At one time I always wore their violet scent and at times their rose scent.

Looking forward to the Western Christmas Anthology!