SEPTEMBER:
NEW ADULT ROMANCE

09-23 Getting to Know Lynn Hammond, Author of RISKY LIES

Thursday, September 17, 2015

Thirty Days Hath September...

(so you'd think I'd be on time)


Happy Thursday Everyone!

I'm Terri Molina and I write Tex-Mex Romance.  Almost sounds like I'm at a meeting for authors anonymous. ;-)

As usual, I'm late with my post this month. Honestly, some months the days just get away from me. I never noticed how quickly days passed when I was younger, but since I've had children the days seem to fly....and now I'm going to be a grandmother!! As much as I shudder at the word, I'm really looking forward to having a baby in the house, literally since my son and his fiance are going to be moving in for a while. 

Anyway, this year hasn't been any busier than the past several. I'm still working on my novel Body & Soul, stopping from time to time to get in some extra research. I'm currently waiting for some information from a deputy with the Cameron County Sheriff's department in Texas, where the story takes place. I've heard some authors say they don't like doing research, but I love it. So much that I tend to forget I'm working on one book and start gathering information for the next book. And I will research everything, from who is the county coroner in a small town, to how many men actually carry condoms. I even texted my daughter, who lives in LA, and had her ask her male roommates about their sex life.....which was amusing to me, but a bit awkward for her. haha  Hey, it's all about the realism and it made for a fun love scene for my characters. 


Speaking of Body & Soul, so far it's won two contests for best romantic suspense. A few months ago it won the Hot Prospects contest held by VOS RWA and a few weeks ago I learned that my fifteen page entry won the TARA RWA contest!!  Even more exciting, the editor who judged it, wants the full!!! Which means, I need to get my rump-in-chair and finish it. 

But, before I leave, I wanted to mention, in honor of National Hispanic Heritage Month (yes, that's a thing) two of my books: Dark Obsession and House of Cards, (also given the Reader's Crown Award for best Romantic Suspense) are on sale for .99¢. So if you haven't had the chance to pick up you copy, now's the time. ;-)

Thanks for stopping by. Have a wonderful day! 



4 comments:

Diana McCollum said...

I know what you mean, the days seem to fly by any more. Congratulations on all your wins. And a request for full M.s. how excited you must be!

Terri Molina said...

Excited....more like neurotic. haha

Thanks, Diana.

Pippa Jay said...

There just aren't enough hours in the day. I can't believe it's autumn already and we're talking about what our monsters want for Christmas. >_<

Judith Ashley said...

I'm at a point in my life where I am suspending my concept of time. I just do what I can and figure it's all good---most of the time. Congratulations on the wins and request, Terri!

PS: Did anyone see August? I thought it was a month between July and September but for the life of me...?