Thursday, November 16, 2017

Creating Holiday and Writing...

Next Thursday is Thanksgiving here in the United States. 
This is hands down my favorite holiday. A day of gluttony aka heaven on earth. This year Thanksgiving is going to be extra special as both of my oldest children will be home for the first time in 7 years.  Right now I’m struggling with wanting to make 7 years worth of food. I have made menus, revised menus, and combined menus.  

Planning a holiday family meal is a lot like writing.  Both involve planning, creating, and revising. This Thanksgiving, I’m doing double duty on this. I have a 3 book young adult fantasy that is in revise mode and I can’t cook 47 dishes – per kids and hubby. I’m planning a sci-fi book that I hope to start this January and I planning a screwdriver bar for breakfast. And I’m creating a new world for my sci-fi and new side dishes.

I thought I would share some of my new creations with you.
The side dish, I’ve decided to ‘create’ this year a twist on cranberry relish… I love cranberry relish and I love vodka sooooo I thought it was time to introduce them to each other.

The Best Cranberry Relish EVER----
1 12 ounce bag of Cranberry
1 cup vodka
¼ cup citrus vodka
½ cup sugar
Orange peel for decoration

Heat vodka and sugar over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Add cranberries and citrus vodka, stir. Cook at a low simmer for 15-20 minutes until cranberries have popped. Store in the refrigerator up to 4 days.

And here is the opening for the new sci-fi I’m creating.

“Is this a toxic dump?” Aries asked looking through the ship’s small porthole.
“Yeah,” Colven stepped around her pressing the button to open the hatch.
“You bring me to the nicest spots. I’m beginning to think you care.” Her stomach rolled as the rancid stench assaulted her. She realized not eating breakfast had been a good life choice after all.
Colven glanced over his shoulder. “I thought I made how much I cared clear last night.” A smirked pulled at the left corner of his mouth as a brief flash of humor light eyes. Then it was gone. His soulless black eyes bore into her. His mouth drawn into a cold hardness. In less than a second he'd gone from her lover to the most feared pirate in five galaxies. 

Have a great month! 

1 comment:

Judith Ashley said...

Lyncee, I'm not a fan of cranberry relish --- yep, the canned jelled stuff was my favorite. However, in the past at this time of year I made pumpkin bread. I got raisins and soaked them for a few days in rum and then added them to the bread. I loved it made that way but my family didn't which meant I ate the entire loaf (loaves) myself. Very yummy but not very good for the waist line! Enjoy your very family Thanksgiving!!!