Tuesday, February 13, 2018

Valentine's Day Top 10 Playlist

by Madelle Morgan



What gets you in the mood for love? 

For me, it’s music. For Valentine’s Day I decided to create a YouTube playlist of my top 10 favorite love songs by male artists. There are several classics in the mix, betraying my age... 

If you subscribe to a music streaming service such as Spotify.com, use the list below to set up a playlist and add your favorite songs. 

Otherwise, go straight to my YouTube playlist.


Madelle's Top 10 Love Songs by Male Artists

1. When I Fall in Love, performed by the great Nat King Cole. 

2. My Funny Valentine, performed by Matt Dusk.

3. Kiss From A Rose, performed by Seal.

4. This Guy’s in Love With You, performed by Barry Manilow.

5. I Only Have Eyes For You, performed by The Flamingos.

6. How Deep is Your Love, performed by the Bee Gees.

7. Can’t Stop, performed by Jacksoul. The lead singer, Haydain Neale, was an incredible Canadian talent who died of cancer in his thirties, way too soon.

8. Color My World, performed by Chicago.

9. Your Body is a Wonderland, performed by John Mayer.

10. The Music of the Night, from Andrew Lloyd Webber’s musical The Phantom of the Opera.

Bonus Track:  Wuthering Heights, performed by Hayley Westenra. 

After recently watching the film To Walk Invisible: the Bronte SistersI added Emily Bronte's Wuthering Heights, a wonderful, timeless romance, to my ereader. When I discovered a YouTube video depicting Catherine and Heathcliff, I had to include it on this playlist.

What's your favorite love song? Comment below.

Happy Valentine's Day!

Madelle

Madelle is the author of three romance novels set in Canada.

Listen to Madelle's YouTube playlists.

Her debut romantic suspense, Diamond Hunter, is a free read for Kindle Unlimited subscribers. Buy the paperback or ebook at    Amazon.com | Amazon.co.uk Amazon.ca | Amazon.au 

Caught on Camera, a romantic comedy, is available at Amazon, Kobo and iTunes.

Buy the ebook or paperback at Amazon.com | Amazon.co.uk | Amazon.ca | Amazon.au 

Seduced by the Screenwriter, a steamy contemporary romance, is a free read for Kindle Unlimited subscribers, and is $0.99 through February, 2018. Buy the ebook at Amazon.com | Amazon.co.uk | Amazon.ca | Amazon.au 


Follow Madelle on  TwitterFacebookGoodreadsPinterest, and WattpadSubscribe to Madelle’s blog at www.MadelleMorgan.com.



4 comments:

Judith Ashley said...

Oh my Madelle. I will admit I don't know half the artists you've listed and probably haven't heard most of the songs. I've only recently started listening to any music at all and when at home, only instrumentals (Baroque to be exact - beat matches human's resting heart beat). I used to really be into music - Englebert Humperdink (if I spelled that correctly), Bob Dylan, of course Elvis Presley.

I so admire your ability to match music, mood and writing.

Madelle Morgan said...

Thanks, Judith. Music feeds the soul. :)

Maggie Lynch said...

I am someone who can't listen to music and write. I need a lot more concentration, and preferably absolute silence.

However, I do love music (my husbands a musician) and love songs are always my favorite. My fave love songs are limited to men, and showing my age most of my favorites are from the time when I came of age in the late 1960's and early 1970's. Unchained Melody by Righteous Brothers, Your Song by Elton John, Wonderful Tonight by Eric Clapton, The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face by Roberta Flack, Nobody Does it Better by Carly Simon. And of course an all time classic that I will always love: At Last by Etta James.

Happy day after Valentine's Day. :)

Madelle Morgan said...

Maggie, I included Nobody Does it Better in the Caught on Camera playlist. I love it too. :)

Etta James' At Last is a contender for my Valentine's Day 2019 playlist of love songs by female artists. What a voice!

You mention beautiful songs! It is difficult to keep a list to Top 10.