By Linda Lovely
This month’s theme proved a delight. No research required. All I had to do was close my eyes and think. Thankfully my list appears to be very long. (I could have kept going, but decided I should stop before I bored you. I could have included lots more foods!)
- Kids—as in baby goats. Want to really laugh? Try goat yoga with a bunch of kids and nannies.
- Any dessert with chocolate as a primary ingredient.
- A gas fireplace I can turn on with the flip of a switch when I’m chilled.
- My own klutziness, when it doesn’t land me in the hospital.
- Swimming and lazing in the lake right off my dock.
- Plump blueberries and tomatoes grown in our own backyard.
- The smell of cookies just out of the oven.
- An alarm clock that doesn’t need to be set.
- Leftovers I can pull from our freezer when I don’t want to cook.
- Reruns of favorite TV sitcoms from yesteryear—Cheers, Frasier, Taxi, The Mary Tyler Moore Show, and Lou Grant for starters.
- Authors who tickle my funny bone—Janet Evanovich, Carl Hiaasen, Susan Isaacs, Dave Barry, Cindy Sample, Robin Weaver…and dozens more.
- Flowers and bushes that bloom despite my criminal neglect.
- My husband, who invents creative, nonsense swearwords when things go awry and there are young’uns listening in.
- Critique partners who make me laugh at my own grammatical boo-boos.
I'm happy for this reminder of all the little things that make life worth living.