Thursday, August 9, 2018

My Writing Dream Come True by Lynn Lovegreen

I’ve been lucky enough to have many writing dreams come true. When I first started writing, my dream was to finish a book. Once I did that, thanks to NaNoWriMo (https://nanowrimo.org), then my dream was to write a good book, one people would want to read. After many years of writing, critiquing, and revising, I did write a decent novel, which became Fools Gold.

The next, and in some ways the hardest, step was to reach my dream of being published. After lots of learning and rejections, I entered a blurb contest at savvyauthors.com and found my publisher. Prism Book Group had great editors and helped me polish my novel and several others in my Gold Rush series. My words were released into the world! It was a thrill to see my books in print and have readers enjoy them.



But businesses change, and after a while my publisher was bought by another, and my books went out of print. I’m not crushed by this, any more than I was by all the rejections and setbacks before this. I have a new writing dream, to get my WWII series published. And I’m sure I can make that happen, with the same perseverance and dedication to my craft I’ve had all along.

I love writing, and I will keep at it. My biggest, overall writing dream is for my words to touch readers, to inspire them to keep going and reach their own dreams, whatever they may be. 


First posted at www.lynnlovegreen.com

Lynn Lovegreen has lived in Alaska for almost fifty years. She taught for twenty years before retiring to make more time for writing. She enjoys her friends and family, reading, and volunteering at her local library. Her young adult/new adult historical romances are set in Alaska, a great place for drama, romance, and independent characters. See her website at www.lynnlovegreen.com. You can also find her on Facebook, Goodreads, and Pinterest.

3 comments:

Maggie Lynch said...

Congratulations on your publications AND your perseverance. That is definitely the name of the game in publishing these days--whether traditionally or independently. It is a different world, different marketplace, and lots of challenges but still many people see their dreams come true and make some money on their work.

Have you considered getting your rights back from Prism and putting those books out again yourself? Or exercising your ebook rights, as it appears they aren't doing that? The stories look quite interesting.

Judith Ashley said...

Ditto what Maggie says, Lynn. There is so much help out there to go indie - and you have a readership also. I think niche books (Alaska Gold Rush, WWII) lend themselves to being able to cultivate an audience/readership. What I know has been true for me is the Perseverance part. You've already shown you have that and more.

Lynn Lovegreen said...

Thanks, Maggie and Judith. I haven't decided what to do with the Gold Rush books--will keep that in mind.