Thursday, September 20, 2018

What's Good is bad and what's bad is good....

This month's topic had really thinking... So many things inspire/influence me...for example....

Does this really need explaining??? Plot bunnies are wile


Beauty is always inspiring


Doughnuts... my life source :-)


Walking trees anyone?











But when it comes to people influencing me things become very foggy




I mean people who love me and honestly want the best for me have really crushed my dreams. When I was young (like still in my 20's) I had 2 babies and was trying the college thing on for size. I was in an English class. I wrote a paper. The teacher asked me to stay after... Then asked me if the school could use the paper in the sample book they printed every three years of how to write certain style.

This simple thing validated my secret dream of being a writer. I was so excited I went home and called my grandmother. Told her I was going to be a writer. To this day I remember her words - "How are you going to feed those babies? It's time to firmly plant your feet."  My grandmother loved me...wanted the best for me yet she crushed my dreams and it was years and years before I ever wrote again.

Then my kids were in their late teen/early twenties (they could feed themselves) and I brushed my dream off... I drew a deep breath and started to write.

I joined an on-line critique group. Overall, it was a middle of the road experience...BUT I found a fellow writer just beginning her journey. Rebecca Royce has been such a positive influence, a compassionate ear, and cheerleader better than any Dallas Cowboy cheerleader.

She always listens and does her very best to help me. In a business where authors don't always play nice...and we often are secluded from the 'real' world as we live our dream, I have a person who truly sprinkles the fairy dust on my dream.

Thank you Rebecca!

Here's a sneak teaser at my upcoming release...

Thanks for stopping by! And I'll see you next month... 



2 comments:

Judith Ashley said...

OH My Lyncee! Your cover is a bit of a shocker after those beautiful pictures. I'm assuming there is a romance somewhere and thus a HEA? Overall I've found romance writers to be very helpful and encouraging however, I've heard that is not the case in other genres. So glad you have Rebecca Royce in your life. We all need someone who stands by us as we travel the writing and publishing path to offer encouragement and advice. Sarah has been a great sounding board for me and has helped me pull some "almost but not quite" there scenes out of the morass or maybe sinkhole is a better term - lol.

Sarah Raplee said...

Lyncee, I'm so glad you have returned to your dream of writing! Sometimes Life forces us to put our dreams on hold for a time. My big cheerleaders are Judith, my sister and my husband. They keep me going when I get discouraged.