Thursday, October 18, 2018

The Lost Art - of everyday

My grandson is big into the Jurassic World movies. We have 'enjoyed' them many many times. In the beginning of the Jurassic World movie, they are in the lab talking about creating dinosaurs.  It's said that they need to keep creating bigger, meaner, and more unique dinosaurs because people of bored or T-Rexs and raptors.

Bored....bored of T-Rexs and raptors.

And I think of true that would be. We have become of world of 'impress me - NOW'. In my book, A Mermaid's Wish, Aislynn argues to save a wood fairy's home by claiming all the 'everyday places' of our world are begin replaced with strip malls and movie theaters. Only if a natural wonder is on the property will it be preserved.

We miss so much of the art of everyday by seeking amazing.

I strive to take my grandson to local places that are beautiful just because they are.... to understand what an amazing world we live in.

Just last night we went to the beach (and froze) to watch the sunset.... We came home and our neighbor asked us why. "Was there something special about it?"





The art of everyday includes...

















We miss sooooo much by looking for the 'great' thing.  By not enjoying the art of everyday.
To keep from losing this art, I have made a goal to take at least 3 pictures a week and post them either on Facebook or Instagram.

The pictures aren't to be of anything special just of my 'everyday' world. To share the art of everyday.

I would love to see your everyday art, please leave me a picture in the comments.

Thanks for stopping by and see you next month! But in the meantime you can come and hang out with me... we will talk about doughnuts and vodka...and everyday art...



3 comments:

Lynn Lovegreen said...

Beautiful post, Lyncee. I agree that everyday life is special in itself.

Lyncee said...

Thanks Lynn

Sarah Raplee said...

You are so right! We live in a beautiful world that too many of us ignore. I love the work of artists and craftsmen who turn everyday objects into works of art, like gorgeous mugs or silverware as well.