Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Amazing Low-FODMAP Pumpkin Pie by Sarah Raplee

I’m Sarah Raplee, author of Paranormal and Steampunk Romance Stories.

I’VE ALWAYS LOVED PUMPKIN PIE. It’s my favorite. But now that I’m on a Low FODMAP Diet, my pumpkin pie has to be dairy-free, wheat-free and soy-free. It doesn’t have to be pumpkin-free, but I can only indulge in one slice per day, so it must be AMAZING! I savor pumpkin pie one tiny bite at a time.

In my efforts to find a really AMAZING pumpkin pie recipe, I modified a to-die-for recipe by Gluten-Free HomemakerLinda Etherton called Pumpkin Pie – Totally from Scratch. (Follow the link for the original recipe.)

I LOVE Bob’s Red Mill products. I use their gluten-free pie crust mix to make AMAZING pie crust.  (http://www.bobsredmill.com/gluten-free-pie-crust-mix.html ) This crust does not crumble like so many others! And it tastes like pie crust.

SARAH RAPLEE
Here is my recipe for Amazing Low-FODMAP Pumpkin Pie:

Ingredients
·        1 gluten-free pie crust
·        1¾ cups mashed pumpkin
·        ¾ cup sugar
·        2 eggs
·        ¾ cup almond milk
·        ½ teaspoon vanilla
·        ½ teaspoon salt
·        ½ teaspoon cinnamon
·        1½ teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
    Directions
1.     Combine all the ingredients (except the pie crust) using a fork or electric mixer to mix them together.
2.     Pour it into an uncooked pie crust.
3.     Bake at 400 degrees 45-50 minutes.
4.     Let cool before cutting.

Happy Holidays! I hope you savor every morsel. ~ Sarah Raplee

(First published December 27, 2016 on Romancing the Genres blog)



1 comment:

Maggie Lynch said...

Wow! That's a lot of "free" needs in your pumpkin pie. If I can find time, I'm going to try his recipe this holiday season.