I'm not a winter fan. Which is odd since I live in the cold cold snowy Northern Michigan...This was what happen this past Thursday (Thanksgiving for me)....Snow...
But what happens when the Christmas spirit becomes your muse?
You write a sweet Christmas romance! I wrote a sweet Christmas romance…
No dead bodies
No steamy sex
But there is ….
A sweet five-year-old
A snowman building contest
AND animals… lots of animals.
While it doesn't have vodka.... it does have some yummy recipes. These are a holiday favorite at my house and I made them Harper's fav too... well because I'm the author and can do that ;-p
They are butterscotch pancakes... ohhhh soooo good!
What you need....
· 1 cup all-purpose flour
· 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
· 2 tablespoons brown sugar
· 1 teaspoon baking powder
· 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
· 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
· 1/2 tablespoon fine salt
· 1 1/4 cups buttermilk
· 1/4 cup melted butter
· 1 large egg
· 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract, or to taste
· 1/3 cup butterscotch chips
· cooking spray
What you do....
1. Combine flour, oats, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt in a large bowl.
2. Mix buttermilk, butter, egg, and vanilla extract together in a bowl. Add to flour mixture; stir until just combined. Fold butterscotch chips into batter; allow to rest 5 minutes.
3. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-low heat; coat with cooking spray. Pour in 1/3 cup batter; spread with the back of a spoon into a circle just over 1/4-inch thick. Cook until edges are set; 2 to 3 minutes. Flip and cook 1 to 2 minutes more.
AND it has a GREAT AMAZING Cover (thanks to Lia Davis at Glowing Moon Designs PreMade Covers).
Five years ago, Joleigh Nelson turned her back on the only man she’d ever love to save her father and unborn son’s lives. Now that man may be the only one who can save her home, the New Forks animal reserve.
Spencer Thompkin has spent the last five years in an emotional wasteland. Unable to let anyone in after Joleigh disappeared without a word.
On a routine foreclosure of an animal reserve, he finds not only Joleigh but a son he never knew about.
Can he get over the feelings of betrayal and help Joleigh save her home – the animal reserve? Or will the heartless lawyer part of him prevail leaving Joleigh homeless and without her son?
A Christmas reunion may not even be enough to save the animal reserve and restore their love.
Have a great weekend!!! And try the pancakes ;-)