Monday, November 5, 2018

Reading Time! by Paty Jager

Most people like the fall and winter weather because of the holiday flavors available, or wearing sweaters and sweatshirts. They think of family, holidays, and cozy inside activities. For me, this time of year means I get more reading time.

Let me rephrase that. I get more personal reading time. Most of the year my reading is spent researching for the books I write. I tend to believe people should not only be entertained, but learn something, when they are reading. That makes me dig deeper into occupations, cultures, and anything I don't know that comes up in my books.

As the days get longer and there are less things to draw me outside, I start reading for fun more. I downloaded six books this past week on my kindle and started reading one that has been on my kindle for a year. Yes, it can take me a while to get to books that I download and want to read.

I'm not a person who reads before I go to bed. Reading has always been stimulant for me. If I'm reading, I keep on reading all through the night and the next thing I know the sun is coming up and I didn't get any sleep. I know this about myself and don't read before I go to bed. I do read while my husband is watching TV shows I don't care for. I read when he isn't around during meals. I read on trips when we're flying or hubby is driving. That is if I'm not writing. ;)

I'm not much of a Christmas story reader. I know that makes me different from most but I'll take a good mystery over a Christmas romance any day. My husband loves the Hallmark Christmas movies. I like some but there are others I read a book while he watches them.  I don't like sappy or silly movies. The ones with angels who appear and disappear usually have me heading into a book unless they have comedy.

But just because I don't care for Christmas books doesn't mean I can't share some of my author friends' books with you.

This is a box set of western romance Christmas stories by Authors I know. And you get it all for $0.99!

A CHRISTMAS COWBOY TO KEEP

The weather is cold, the atmosphere is festive, and the cowboys are hot. How do you keep a cowboy at Christmas?

Don’t miss this holiday collection of modern-day cowboys and the women they love, featuring the same USA Today, Amazon Bestselling, and Award-Winning authors from “A Cowboy to Keep,” which garnered 55 reviews with an average rating of 4.5 stars.

CHRISTMAS, LIBERTY, AND THE THREE MINUTE MAN by Carra Copelin

Daniel Dylan Layman is determined to show headstrong city girl Liberty Ann Hart that a country life in Mistletoe, Texas, is the perfect Christmas gift.

A CHRISTMAS CAROLE by Andrea Downing

Carrie Matheson and her son are trying to settle into a new life in Wyoming. Tate Schrugge is trying to ditch his Scrooge and play Santa to the young boy. But will there be a Dickens of a romance by Christmas?

THE PEPPERMINT TREE by Kristy McCaffrey

Lawyer Skye Mallory returns home for the holidays due to an unexpected inheritance, and cowboy Joe Carrigan stands in her way.

THE DEVIL’S CHRISTMAS KISS by Devon McKay

When Kristen Kelly receives a Christmas kiss from Cole Lawson, she doesn’t believe it means anything. But Cole sets out to make things right with the woman of his heart.

SLAY BELLS by Hildie McQueen

At a small-town Christmas festival sparks fly between Carmen Dias and Detective Jared Bowden, but a dead body and a pesky ex-girlfriend don’t exactly spell romance.

THE BEST CHRISTMAS by Hebby Roman

All Sofia Rossi wants is to re-connect with her estranged son. But can Gar McCulloch, a handsome cowboy who runs a juvenile rehab ranch, be the answer to her problems?

COUNTING DOWN TO CHRISTMAS by Patti Sherry-Crews

Wedding planner Melody Evans views happily-ever-after endings with a skeptical eye. Veterinarian Leland Jennings IV thinks Christmas is for kids. Can the holiday spirit bring them together?

Buy Link: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07JF6LYWD

Photo source: Canstock

8 comments:

Judith Ashley said...

Looks like a great box set with a nice mix of stories, Paty. Not quite enough for me to go buy a Kindle and I don't read for pleasure on my computer.

Paty Jager said...

Judith, That seems to be the draw back on a lot of box sets, they do Kindle KU and makes it harder for people who read on other devices from getting them. that's why I've stopped doing box sets with other authors. And I don't put my books Kindle only. I want readers like you to enjoy them too!

Andrea Downing said...

Paty, thanks so much for giving us a mention--it's much appreciated.

Kristy McCaffrey said...

Thank you for sharing our collection, Paty! I tend to read while my husband watches TV too lol. Happy Holidays!!

Patti Sherry-Crews said...

Thank you for hosting us today! I do read before I go to bed and I love a good page turner that makes me lose sleep.

Carra Copelin said...

Paty, thank you for having us today! I'm one of those who love Christmas stories, more in book form though than the movies. The movies do get a little sappy. Have a wonderful Christmas!

Paty Jager said...

Ladies, it was my pleasure to share your box set.

Hebby Roman said...

Thanks, Paty, for hosting us. I appreciate it. I, too, like to dig deep into my characters occupat ions and cherish the reviews where readers say they learn new things from my books. Like the other Patti, I read before bed for pleasure but a lot of what I read is straight history. Love history. Like your husband, my husband loves the Hallmark movies more than me. LOL But I do love some of them. I guess everyone approaches Christmas from a different angle, which makes life interesting.