Thursday, February 20, 2020

A one of a kind of love

Hey Hey everyone!  Welcome :-)


I hope everyone is enjoy the 'month' of love... so of course, I HAVE to blog about love. The thing about this is that love doesn't look the same for everybody.
For example some people love Brussels spouts... I'm not sure why but they do.


Of course everybody loves doughnuts... if you don't then I question if you are human just saying :-)


Some people love the winter...


While others of us love the summer...


And then you have those you love the fall...


While I may not understand their love I respect it.
There are so many kinds of love...and what that looks like for different people. And that is where we run into trouble sometimes. People want you to love the same as they do.
Why are you with that guy? Unless he's hurting you (physically, emotionally, or mentally) I never ask this. Because again love looks different for everyone.

Take for example - Benny and Joon (if you haven't this movie you need to)


And - Cinderella


I think everyone would agree that Joon and Cinderella are complete opposites. And very few people probably picture Benny (the character not the actor ;-) when they think of Prince Charming.

But that's what love is! It's different for each one of us. I don't even really want to think what Joon would do with a glass slipper - just saying.


In my book Taking A Risk - Leigh is dumped because she's 'boring.' Her ex-boyfriend didn't appreciate the fact she ate only red M&M's and cleaned the refrigerator on Monday's. Which would be fine but he made her feel bad about herself and this is my really serious note -

LOVE NEVER EVER MAKES YOU FEEL BAD ABOUT YOURSELF! 


Okay, back to the lighthearted focus of this post. Leigh goes on an extreme vacation, thinks the super sexy guide would never find someone who eats M&M's by color on certain days sexy.... surprise - he's all about that! He loves routine. He's super turned on by the fact she cooks pork every Wednesday (okay maybe not super turned on). The point is the accountant dude thought she was boring...the Amazon extreme vacation guide thinks she's amazing.


Leigh had to find her Benny or Prince Charming. Just like we all do. I'm very lucky and I found my Benny the 1st time around - because I'm so a Joon and not a Cinderella.

When I write, I want everyone to have a  happy every after with who will make them the happiest!

If you would like to read about Leigh and her hot extreme adventure guide, it's available here -


EBook

Enjoy the rest of the love month! See you in March

4 comments:

Deb N said...

Great post - I happen to love Brussel sprouts AND donuts :-) Yes we are all different and it is so important to celebrate the differences and the similarities that make us love another.

Judith Ashley said...

Being different is not being wrong or bad or stupid or boring or ??? Being different is what makes the world better. My caveat is if one's being different hurts others, then that is not okay. But being different because you like winter, rain, grey skies (the better to write) and drink ice water all year long (which would be me), like Brussel sprouts (which I do) and eat donuts (which I no longer do) and want to live to be 102 does not hurt anyone else (although my knees are a different story as a get closer and closer to that magical number). So glad Leah found someone who appreciates all that she is!

Lynn Lovegreen said...

Great post, Lyncee! I agree that we should celebrate our differences and find the person who loves all our quirks. True love means embracing the whole person.

Sarah Raplee said...

Leigh's story intrigue's me. When I went through the link to Apple, it was a preview. When will the book be out?