Saturday, May 29, 2021

On a Whim, With No Regrets


 

By Diana McCollum     

 

Ten years ago, my Sister Sarah, one of the blog queens, approached me with an idea her friend, Judith, the other blog queen, and her had of starting a weekly blog. 

Judith, Sarah and Me!

 

The idea seemed interesting. It did take me a while to warm up to the idea. I would have to blog once a week about writing, life or whatever interested me. Not hard at all, right? Besides, I could quit whenever I wanted to. I figured I’d stick with it for one year. And here we are ten years later. And I’ve not regretted my decision to stick with the blog.

 

Judith has now become my friend too. Several of the Generestas have become my friends virtually. Deb I met through an online #Finishthebook group.  Paty Jager I met when I first moved to Bend. I’ve had the pleasure of having lunch or coffee with Paty, off and on through the years.

 

All of the participants write incredible blog posts. I’ve enjoyed reading about books they’ve written or read, about where they live, about their life struggles and what kind of flowers they grow.

 


I wouldn’t trade knowing these ladies for anything in the world. Because of Pippa I’ve read my first Space Sci-Fi romance. Thank you Pippa!

 

People sometimes have regrets because they did or didn’t do something. I have no regrets from joining this blog and being a member for ten years.

 

Here’s to all the ladies who post on the blog, I’m raising my champagne glass, and there are chocolate covered strawberries on the table, enjoy! You are all wonderful! 

 

Shall we strive for the twenty year mark?

 

 

5 comments:

Deb N said...

Love this, Diana - I can't even express how wonderful it is to have made so many friends through this blog. AND...drum roll...I learn every day from each of you. Congrats to RTG for 10 years, and thanks to those who started this blog and are keeping it relevant to writers and readers alike after 10 years!

Sarah Raplee said...

I'm raising my glass right back at you, Diana. You have been one of our top contributors, helping out behind the scenes whenever we asked. Thank you! I can't even imagine what the world will be like in ten more years, but we'll keep "Uniting Hearts, One Book at a Time: for as long as we can. Here's to all of the Genre-istas!!!

Diana McCollum said...

Deb,
I agree, I learn new and interesting things everyday from the blog.

Sarah,
Thank you! We will keep uniting hearts one book at a time!!!

Maggie Lynch said...

Diana, I didn't realize you were one of the bloggers starting out with Sarah and Judith and sticking with it for 10 years. Impressive! Also haing the responsibility to blog EVERY week back then must have been a stretch.

Though I'm not a Genreista (I think of myself as an ally), I've been reading for ten years. I love the diversity of authors both in genre and in location. I do learn things all the time. More than that, the majority of the time I am uplifted by the posts and getting insights into authors progress, their writing process, where they live, and what keeps them going.

I do believe you can all make it another ten years. Congratulations!

Peggy said...

Twenty years sounds good, Diana. I enjoy the posts and hope you all continue for the next ten years.