Friday, May 20, 2022

I Missed It!

 

Hi, I'm Pippa Jay, author of scifi and supernatural stories to engage your emotions.

And the irony of this month's topic - In Case You Missed It - feels very apt. Because this month I totally missed the fact that it was my tenth anniversary as a published author. Oops?

To be fair, world events are enough to make anyone forget the odd thing. Add brain fog to that, plus some horrible side effects from my latest medications, and I think I earn a pass. At least I didn't forget my wedding anniversary this month...

The brain fog is definitely making it hard to get back into my writing. I know many authors can struggle to remember key features about their characters, or a vital clue from a previous chapter. Don't they?!

So now I've added my book anniversary to my calendar just to be on the safe side. At least hubs will remind me about our wedding anniversary (even if he did mix mine and my daughter's birthday dates up this year (we're only a week apart) and book our short break away for the wrong one. Getting old sucks!

Does that mean the end of my writing? I have to say a few weeks back, I really felt it was. But now I'm back on the 'good' medication, my mind is clearing and I'm starting to think about my main characters again. At least I haven't forgotten what they look like!



3 comments:

Judith Ashley said...

Pippa, Congratulations and Happy Birthday and Happy Anniversary. Great picture of you and hubs. Glad the brain fog is easing. It can be scary and is certainly challenging. Hang in there! I can attest to some good things that come with adding the years on.

Sarah Raplee said...

I'm so glad you are doing better, Pippa. Growing older has its challenges, but also many blessings.

Diana McCollum said...

Pippa,
Glad the brain fog is clearing up!
Great picture of you and your husband.

Congrats on anniversary and birthdays!