Friday, April 12, 2024

Eggheads, what's not to like?

 by Diana McCollum

My husband and I took a trip to the California coast to the small town of Fort Bragg. Before we left for our trip we had several people give us recomendations on places to visit and restaurants to eat at.



The coast had some of the most spectacular views. We watched a photographer taking pictures of a bridal couple with stunning views behind the couple. Unfortunately I didn't think to take any of the bride and groom, besides they were pretty far away from us.




One of our favorite breakfast places on our trip was Eggheads.

The theme was all Wizzard of Oz from the menu to the decor.



    







There was a ton of collectibles, posters and pictures from the movie. And the food? Absolutely wonderful. They only serve breakfast and lunch. It's a very small intimate cafe.

I wish I would have taken a picture of the menu. On the menu you could order things like Wicked porched eggs, Yellow Brick Road pancakes,  or Emerald City omelet.

We ate there three mornings! The final morning we split the special which was a Dungeness crab omelet with a special cream sauce for over it. So good!!

I rode the Skunk Train up into the Redwoods. 



We went to the sea glass museum. Wow, all the different colors and the displays were very unique. One room was all glass with urainium in it and the pieces glowed under black light.



We both loved the 46 acre botanical gardens. My husband can't walk far so we rented one of the gardens electric carts, like you see in the grocery stores.

Here are some pictures from the Mendocino Botanical Gardens. 


The cactus in the background are over 8 ft tall!








Have you gone on any trips this spring? 

Is your garden sprouting flowers?


(all pictures were taken by Diana McCollum)

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures! I had no idea Fort Brag was such a beautiful area. I’d love the Sea Glass Museum and the botanical gardens, and the beach, of course! We are planning a trip to the sunstone mines in Plush, Oregon, in May or in the fall, depending on weather. Sunstones are beautiful semi-precious gems.
My tulips and camellias are blooming now. -Sally

Diana McCollum said...

I love tulips! The tulip in our backyard in OK was the first flower I remember. I was very young maybe 3 or 4, I was just tall enough to look inside the tulip and there was a bumble bee!
Plush, OR trip sounds exciting. Will you be looking for stones, rocks or gems?

Anonymous said...

What a lovely memory! We’ll be looking for the gemstones called sunstones.

Barbara Rae Robinson said...

Gorgeous pictures, Diana! We have driven through Ft. Bragg, but didn't see much of it, obviously. Now I want to go back!

No, I hadn't heard of Eggheads. A rather unique place, I'm sure.

Diana McCollum said...

Thanks for stopping by Barb!!

Dari LaRoche said...

Lovely post, Diana. I love your pictures. Very nice.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures! Happy to hear you had a wonderful time!

Deb N said...

Love the photos - makes me yearn for spring. But the green shoots are just now emerging from the soil here in the NE. They started appearing through the snow from last week, then with all the rain (over an inch just yesterday) the shoots have shot up!

So glad you had such a lovely trip with all those adventures. Every one of them sounded fun, including your unique breakfast spot.

Diana McCollum said...

Dari and Deb,

thank you for stopping by!

Diana

Lynn Lovegreen said...

Great photos of a fun trip!

Marie Harte said...

What amazing pictures! Looks like a fun trip. I've never been there. Have to add it to my "must-see" list! Thanks for sharing. :)

Diana McCollum said...

Thanks for stopping by Lynn and Marie!