Friday, May 10, 2024

Black cats, Friday the 13 th and Spilt Salt

 by Diana McCollum

Well, here it is, one of the most superstitious days on the calendar. I have never taken it seriously. Have you?

I'd like for you all to comment in the comment section as to your feelings on Friday the 13th. Is it good, bad or do terrible things really happen on Friday the 13th?

Do black cats crossing your path signify bad luck? What about walking under a ladder? Spilt salt? Spilt milk?

In some cultures black cats are a symbol of good luck! Some people even believe black cats bring wealth and good fortune.

The saying goes if you spill salt you are supposed to pinch it with your right hand and throw it over your left shoulder to prevent evil from manifesting. Evidently, evil lurks over the left shoulder.

2023 harvest of pumpkins husband grew

Do you knock on wood for good luck? Did you know that horse shoes should always be hung on the wall with the open side towards the ceiling. This is done so all the good luck won't fall
.



Paradise, CA sunset (Just threw this in because, well Pretty!!


Scary lights?


Old haunted cabin in northern CA

Do you believe in ghosts? Have you an experience with a ghost you'd care to share?


And what pray tell are your thoughts on Friday the 13th???

3 comments:

Lynn Lovegreen said...

I don't consider myself really superstitious, but I do knock on wood and throw spilled salt over my shoulder. My family grew up doing those things and it's hard to prove a negative--maybe they do help? ;-)

Diana McCollum said...

Lynn,

That's what I think too, it doesn't hurt to do and maybe they do help!

Judith Ashley said...

I don't always knock on wood but I at times. I don't do the salt and I don't always even notice if the 13th is on a Friday unless someone else points it out. I was raised also with the "don't step on a crack/break your mother's back" and a few other saying from my childhood. As I recall them, they were in fun and provided a reason to pay attention to where we were walking, hopping, skipping and running.