Monday, May 6, 2024

Twelve Years!


Wow! It's Romancing the Genres anniversary month! This blog has been going for 12 years and I've been a monthly blogger from the beginning. It's hard to believe that I've come up with something every month for that many years. I thought about posting my first post here but then decided that would be lazy. 

Over those twelve years, I have seen monthly authors come and go and participate in many of the unique themes that the Blog Queens have come up with for us to blog about. It has been fun being part of this blog because it has been so well run. 

During the years this blog has been running, I've switched from writing historical and contemporary western romance, with an action-adventure/romantic suspense thrown in, to writing murder mysteries and police procedurals. Which is what I feel shows growth in my writing. 

Just as my writing has grown over the years so has this blog. We went from authors who all knew each other to a blog with international authors and viewers. And we have nearly a million views! That is something we are very proud of! 

What I want to tell you about is something I came up with for this blog. Starting this month, once a month on the 3rd Saturday, you will meet an author who writes in a specific subgenre of romance. I've come up with an interview for each one. The subgenres are:

Contemporary   

Romantic Comedy

Historical Romance

Regency 

Paranormal 

Sci-fi 

Romantic Suspense 

Western Romance 

Inspirational Romance 

Post-apocalyptic 

Urban Fantasy 

Adventure Romance 

These are not all of the subgenres, but they are ones I found authors to represent and twelve matches the years this blog has been entertaining you. I hope you will find this a fun post to read each month. 

I'm hoping each of these authors is new to you as a reader and from their interviews will intrigue you to pick up one of their books and maybe even branch out into a subgenre of romance you haven't read before. 

We hope you will continue to follow the blog and find we have even more fun things lined up for you in the coming year!


Paty Jager is an award-winning author of 56 novels, 10 novellas, and numerous anthologies of murder mystery and western romance. All her work has Western or Native American elements in them along with hints of humor and engaging characters. Paty and her husband raise alfalfa hay in rural eastern Oregon. Riding horses and battling rattlesnakes, she not only writes the western lifestyle, she lives it.



2 comments:

Judith Ashley said...

Paty, Your 3rd Saturday plan mirrors what Romancing The Genres started with...and who was invited to be a Genre-ista. I'm really looking forward to seeing who you've lined up. I'm sure they are all awesome authors! And Thank You so much for all you've done and continue to do for us. The Blog Queens are eternally grateful.

Paty Jager said...

Thanks, Judith!