Friday, October 20, 2017

Tis The Season for Trick or Treatin' #scifi #romance

Hi, I'm Pippa Jay, author of scifi and supernatural stories to engage your emotions. October may traditionally be the time of year for youngsters to trick and treat, but this year I spotted something in a charity shop window and decided to treat myself. It's not anything fancy or worth a lot of money, but it caught my eye. It's only resin made to look like bronze and probably not by anyone famous in the sculpture world - I still think it's pretty. Um, since this blog doesn't have an age restriction I've kept the images above waist height as, yes, they're both naked (you should have heard my eldest's chorus of 'eww!').



To me, this figurine kind of sums up my hero/heroine relationships in my stories. They're not kissing. They're just holding each other. Supporting each other. And just lately I've needed a lot of that in the real world too. This year has thrown a lot of unfun things at myself and my family, and it's only been holding onto each other and giving support that I think we've made it through. For me, a real treat will be to get through the rest of this year without any more scares or dramas! Although that's exactly what I'll keep doing to my poor characters...

But as this is the season for trick or treat, I do have a little treat for you as well. For the whole of October, all my short stories are now just $0.99. Click on the book cover for the retail links.




And despite everything and even though I thought this might be the first year since my debut that I wouldn't have a new release...I have a new release! The title is oddly appropriate considering.

Love can come when it’s least expected... 

When an injured alien crashes on her planet, Soraya follows her instinct to repair and restore it despite the challenge of their differing physiology. But as she gets closer to her patient and he recovers, Soraya confronts a whole new form of existence...and a desire that could destroy her completely. 

Yoran chose exile in order to release the woman he thought his soulmate from a marriage contract she had no wish to fulfill, and almost paid for it with his life. Now he finds himself drawn to his alien savior. But how can he ask her to give up the only existence she knows when he’s already suffered the consequences of such a sacrifice himself? 

£1.99 for a limited time - please click HERE to be taken to all the retail links.


3 comments:

Judith Ashley said...

Pippa,

Love the statue! That to me shows more love, compassion, caring than something more 'sexy'. And yes, for a certain age group it is "eww' - lol.

Sending positive energy with lots of love and light your way through the remainder of this year and beyond!

Maggie Lynch said...

Sorry to hear it's been an extra challenging year for you and your family. Those can reach out and punch you several times, even when the trauma(s) is over. You are certainly fortunate to have that support system. The one thing about challenges is they two things really well: 1) Teach what is really important above all else in life; and 2) Teach us a lot about who we are and what strengths we have to keep going and fight for what we need and believe.

Sending lots of light, with a little bit of punch back to fight the darkness. May your Halloween be filled with angels, your holidays be filled with great sales, and your entry into the new year be one of promise and light.

Diana McCollum said...

Pippa, I like the statue! The couple is embracing, seem supportive and loving. Sorry you've had a bad time of it lately. Wishing you all the best for the remaining year.

And hoping the New Year is filled with only good for you and your family.