Thursday, August 9, 2012

New Traditions?

Can you believe it's coming it up Labor Day already? This month the Genre-ista's are all blogging about their Labor Day traditions and past trips. And though I'd love to expouse interesting trips and funny antidotes of the past holiday, I just don't have any. Having three kids Labor Day, for us, is about getting ready for school to start.
But this year will be different. This year we will be attending Kumoricon. What is Kumoricon, you ask? It's a convention for Anime (Japanese comics, cartoons and graphic novels). It is held in Vancouver, WA every year on Labor Day weekend. Kumoricon is held in two hotels with activities spanning Karoke to tabletop gaming, like Pokemon and Magic: The Gathering Card tournaments, workshops on sewing costumes and drawing, and an art gallery.



This year will be a great way to celebrate the end of the summer and the start of another year of school. What are some of your traditions?

1 comment:

Judith Ashley said...

Looks like an interesting event, Mae. I've just started another writing project (non-fiction) that has been on my list for 15 years. I've 4 other people who've stepped up to help but this project in a final book form (it's a workshop)and I think I'll be spending most of this Labor Day working on it. If I don't, I'll be at Women of the 14th Moon (you can read more about that event on my RTG post on 08/03).