Saturday, January 19, 2013

Debut Romance Author Bec McMaster


SOME RESOLUTIONS ARE MADE TO BE BROKEN

As a debut author, I can only say that I’m having the time of my life. In 2012 a dream came true for me, when my first book Kiss of Steel, was published with Sourcebooks. A steampunk romance, it’s set in a dark world where my heroine must make a desperate bargain with a dangerous rogue for her safety.

BEC MCMASTERS

A brilliantly creative debut where vampires, werewolves and clockwork creatures roam the mist-shrouded streets of London…

When Nowhere is Safe

Most people avoid the Whitechapel district. For Honoria Todd, it’s the last safe haven. But at what price?

Blade is known as the master of the rookeries – no one dares cross him. It’s been said he faced down the Echelon’s army single-handedly, that ever since being infected by the blood-craving he’s been quicker, stronger, almost immortal.

When Honoria shows up at his door, his tenuous control comes close to snapping. She’s so… innocent. He doesn’t see her backbone of steel – or that she could be the very salvation he’s been seeking. 

“Dark, intense and sexy…a stunning new series.” – Library Journal

For 2013, I’ve been setting a lot of goals and resolutions, because I firmly believe in having a roadmap for the year ahead.

For a little fun, I thought I’d get the hero and heroine of Kiss of Steel to write their own resolutions – as they might have been at the beginning of the novel.
CLICK TO BUY

Blade’s New Year’s Resolutions:

       1.     Kill the Duke of Vickers

2.     Find out precisely what Miss Honoria Todd is hiding under her tightly laced gowns

3.     Discover the stubborn chit’s secrets… after all, why would Vickers have a price on her head?

4.     Keep the blue blood’s of the Echelon out of his turf, with extreme force if necessary.

 Honoria’s New Year’s Resolutions:

       1.     Survive

2.     Stay as far away from Blade, the Devil of Whitechapel, as she can

3.     Ensure the Duke of Vickers doesn’t get his hands on either her or her siblings – or the diary her father made her swear to protect with her life

4.     Resist the urge to choke her sister, Lena, when she spouts her romantic drivel – particularly when it involves a certain ruthless rogue.

Of course, some resolutions are meant to be broken, and those are the most fun of all. Can you guess which of my hero and heroine’s resolutions will be the first to go?   ~Bec McMasters
 
You can visit Bec's website here

10 comments:

Sarah Raplee said...

Thank you for guesting with us, Bec. Your book sounds amazing-Steampunk is so much fun! I love the characters' New Years' Resolutions.

Congratulations on your debut book release.

Denise Covey said...

I've never understood Steampunk, but yours sounds intriguing. Not even going to guess re the resolutions!!

Unknown said...

Your book sounds wonderful. I can't wait to read it. Congratulations on your debut. Oh, and by the way, that cover is drool-worthy. :)

Judith Ashley said...

Thanks for joining us, Bec! I love the way you have used your character to write resolutions. Very clever!

I'm curious as to what drew you to write Steampunk?

Margaret Tanner said...

Hi Bec,

Nice to see you here at RTG. I always wondered about steampunk, so now I have a better idea of what it is about. Like the sounds of your story. Best of luck with it.

Regards

Margaret

Bec McMaster said...

Hi Judith,
I had this idea about a dangerous world, where the aristocrats who rule London are stricken by a virus that makes them crave blood. A corruption of the ton, if you will. To protect themselves they had these huge metal armies to keep the second class citizens - humans - in their place. The world grew from there.
Truthfully though I've been drawn to steampunk for years before I even knew what it was. I adore the Victorian era and I have a fascination with inventions and all of the life changing research that occurred during that time. Plus who can resist a heroine in a sexy corset and a hero determined to get her out of it?

Bec McMaster said...

Thanks Margaret. It's so much fun to write in. I love mixing my historical romance with done sci do and a dash of paranormal!

Bec McMaster said...

Hi Sarah! Thanks for the welcome. And I thought Blade and Honoria's resolutions are so much more interesting than mine, which are:
1. Write more books

Bec McMaster said...

Hi Denise,
I guess the easiest way to describe it is historical fiction with a sci fi twist. I love it because there are some truly interesting books out there, exploring worlds that are similar to ours but for a faint twist on history... Etc in Kiss of steel history changes when the craving virus comes out of the east and infects the aristocracy.

Bec McMaster said...

Hi Christy C! Thanks. I was very blessed with that cover! My mother in law framed an enormous copy of it for me for Christmas, which is difficult to look at all day (: