Thursday, April 4, 2013

My Birthday Week...


It’s my birthday!

By Bronwen Evans

I’ve turned another year older this week and I confess that I almost forgot! And no wise cracks about forgetting because I'm getting old.

It’s hard for me to forget, or perhaps I should say it’s bad when I forget, because I’m a twin. So it’s not just my birthday and I definitely have to get a present for my sister, Leigh.

I have my friend to thank for alerting me to our birthday.

I had a lovely day out yesterday with my best friend, Alison. She’s house hunting and I love going in and looking at other people’s homes. So when she asked if I’d come along, I quickly said yes.

Anyway, afterwards she gave me a card and I thought that’s a bit over the top, giving me a card for helping her house hunt, and I sort of looked blankly at her. She laughed and said, “Have you forgotten it’s your birthday on Wednesday.“ By golly I had. I usually do forget when Easter falls in the way.

So, to celebrate my birthday week (I always have a week) I’m giving away an eBook copy of To
Challenge the Earl of Cravenswood, to one lucky commenter who tells me what they want for their birthday.


Henry St. Giles, the Earl of Cravenswood, longs to find his soul mate. Now that his two best friends, both reformed rakes, are happily married, the need becomes an obsession. When they challenge him to find a wife by the end of the season or marry his neighbor, the innocently alluring Lady Amy Shipton, he can’t believe his luck. He wins, either way.  But a darkened garden, a case of mistaken identity, a drunken kiss, and a dropped emerald earring, leads Henry on a Cinderella hunt. He knows the woman he held in his arms could be the one he's searched for all his life. He just has to find her.
Lady Amy Shipton is determined to marry for love instead reviewertoppick2of sharing her husband like her mother did. So why did she let her handsome neighbor and romantic fantasy, the Sinful Saint as he's called for his bedroom prowess, seduce her in his garden? And what can she do when in the middle of their passionate encounter; he whispers another woman's name. Now Henry is hunting the owner of the earring Amy left behind, and she's determined to retrieve it before her identity is revealed. She's not about to give her father the ammunition he desperately wants to force her down the aisle.


I confess that since I can’t have Hugh Jackman, I’d love a new lemon tree in a nice big pot for my courtyard. My current lemon tree has sadly died and I miss not being able to pick lemons when I want them, especially with winter coming on. I love hot lemon and honey drinks.



12 comments:

Judith Ashley said...

Happy Birthday! I celebrate one day for every year so I've a grand time every November, December and parts of October and January.

I lemon tree sounds like a great gift but I don't think one would survive Pacific Northwest winters.

This year I want to be published. If my full-length novels aren't quite there (I want to put all three out either at the same time or close together), then an Anthology of short stories featuring the main characters of those novels. I'm working steadily in that direction but do know that the publishing industry is not under my control.

What then? World Peace would be nice.

Realistic and under my control? A long weekend at the beach with friends. Definitely doable.

Bronwen Evans said...

I can't wait for your books to be published, either.

Sarah Raplee said...

Happy Birthday, Bron!

A lemon tree sounds wonderful! I hope you get one. Your book sounds wonderful as well!

For my birthday, I'd like a fun weekend getaway. It's in the dead of winter, so that would be lovely.

Paty Jager said...

Happy Birthday! I'll send you a virtual piece of cake because I'm making cake today for my husband's birthday tomorrow. It is fun to celebrate for a week. I did that one year when a different friend took me out to lunch each day.

Unknown said...

This year, I will be celebrating my birthday with a trip to Paris.

Judith Ashley said...

Raquel - A trip to Paris? Wow, what a Great Way to celebrate!

Diana McCollum said...

Happy birthday, Bronwen! I'd like a trip somewhere I've never been. Since we've moved to Oregon we've only taken one trip and that was to Seattle. So yep, a trip that's what I'd like. Enjoy your birthday week.

Bronwen Evans said...

Thank you, ladies. Paris sounds wonderful. Perhaps you might get to Nz one day...

Judith Ashley said...

When I see pictures of Nz, I know I'd love to spend time there...very beautiful country and of course, the home of at least one fantastic romance writer.

deanne wilsted said...

Happy Birthday (week) Bronwen. Your story sounds like tons of fun... a perfect historical romance.

For my birthday this year (May sometime) I will probably get a kiss from my husband and daughter and maybe a lemon cake (I too love lemon, maybe it is a writer thing). But, what I truly wish for is a trip to Italy. I'm midway revising (yet again) my third novel which is entirely set there and so wishing I could go be inspired. sigh.

I will go right now and like your book on amazon or facebook or wherever they let me like it:>) and wish you great success for your birthday and the year ahead.
Deanne

Sarah Raplee said...

New Zealand is at the top of my Dream Vacation List. It's unfortunate for me that the air fare is so spendy.

Maybe someday.

Miss Viola said...

Happy Birthday!! Hugh wouldn't fit in the boxes I have available, so I'll just have to wish you run across a Hugh-like hunk out there. AND! You must get into the habit of buying yourself a B'day gift. I do that every year, and it feels so good. ~ Viola