'So what do you want for Christmas?'
Always a nice question to hear! Gift-giving is always fun. But it's also a difficult one.
Yes, I'm one of those lucky but annoying people who's 'got everything'. I must be a nightmare to select gifts for... I mean, okay, maybe I don't have everything. I don't have a TARDIS, for example, or a personal levitator, or a red Ferrari or a mansion in the Greek Isles with Swedish massages, baklava and choc-dipped strawberries laid on.
But I've certainly got all the stuff I need, which is more than you can say for many who are less fortunate.
So what do you get the person who's 'got everything'? Well, books are always good :) can never have too many of those. Or money to buy books. Or, well, yeah. Books.
Because stuff is all very well, but it's the way we spend our time that matters. And what better way to spend time than reading? You learn stuff. You use your brain. You become smarter. You learn how the world works, and how people who are different from you live in it. Books make you better, and there's not a lot of stuff you can say that for.
So yeah, I'm hoping for books this Christmas, and a pleasant time spent with family. Sounds good to me!
P.S. Here's a freebie for you! Don't say I never give you anything :) this cool sci-fi anthology is currently top 10 on Amazon for sci-fi romance. Enjoy!
* A space captain discovers the cyborg she loves just might be her greatest enemy.
* A mind-wiped prostitute risks all when she recruits a dangerous stranger to help her escape a terrible fate.
* A prisoner-of-war confronts the comrade who loved her, then left her for dead.
* A space-obsessed physics teacher is kidnapped by a far-too-charming alien.
* An apocalypse survivor battles the biomech-enhanced hunter who seeks to capture her.
* A young artist must choose between her comfortable life on Earth or a war-torn space colony with her beloved.
* A daring thief is on the run from the alien law man who is determined to bring her to justice.
* A widowed rebel leader tries to save the last remnants of humanity, one stranger at a time.
From Earth to the furthest reaches of the galaxy, explore the worlds of Science Fiction Romance with stories from Linnea Sinclair, Marcella Burnard, Erica Hayes, Liana Brooks, Pippa Jay, Berinn Rae, Amy Laurens, and Kyndra Hatch.
FREE from : Amazon - iBookstore - B&N - Kobo - Smashwords
Hope you enjoy, and happy holidays!