Friday, December 4, 2015

#Kindness #Happiness @JudithAshley19

Merry December! I'm Judith Ashley, the author of The Sacred Women’s Circle series, romantic fiction that honors spiritual traditions that nurture the soul.

December is Potpourri month for the Genre-istas. Although we can blog about any topic we want, the Blog Queens (BQ’s) do provide everyone with a list of topics. So this month is Potpourri and we decide what we want to talk about.

My topic is: #TakeChargeOfYourOwnHappiness or to shorten it to a friendlier Twitter size #Kindness and #Happiness.

This past summer I was struggling with the reality that one of my longest friend’s dementia had reached a point where we could no longer communicate as we had for over 30 years. It was rough going for me because she lives across the country and as one of her few remaining friends, it was important to me to support her as best I could.

What was also true is I have a life here in the Pacific Northwest: family, friends and my writing. If I moved to where she lived, I’d lose 99% of what constitutes my current life.

Because I’m on TheWilliam Glasser Institute – International senior teaching faculty I’m very aware that I do control how I feel. That doesn’t mean I never have sad thoughts or anger or depress but I know I can change this.

To shift myself from the bad feelings of not wanting to lose 99% of my life because I wasn’t going to move to live with her, I started to post on my Judith Ashley Romance blog about taking charge of my own happiness. Every Monday I share a tip that I find helps me take charge of my own happiness.

Another way of looking at it is “Make Your World A Better Place”.

Why?

Most of the tips have to do with actions that affect others.

Smile, smile, smile

Listen: Do You Hear What I Hear?

An Unexpected Gift

Intend Kindness

I found my “Intend Kindness” challenge a bit more challenging than I’d thought it would be (I see myself as a very kind and caring person). However, it helped me figure out a solution to a long standing irritant.

Challenge: #TakeChargeOfYourOwnHappiness or #MakeYourWorldABetterPlace this month (and beyond) and share the results. The kinder we are to each other, the more we add little actions into our day, the kinder, happier and better our world will be.

You can find Judith on Twitter: JudithAshley19


Judith posts every Monday here.

Follow Judith on FB.


2 comments:

Sarah Raplee said...

Loved your post! We all need to take responsibility for our own happiness and for making the world a better place. Thank you for reminding us.

Judith Ashley said...

The world we live in today would certainly be a better place if we all practiced #kindness!