by Vivienne Lorret
As we round out one year and begin a new one, it’s only natural to think accomplishments: What goals did we meet in the past year? What is the new list for this year?
But more than New Year’s resolutions, our “Bucket List” January theme asks us to think bigger.
What do we want to accomplish in this lifetime?
For a seven-year-old, that question probably has a single answer. Ballerina. Firefighter. Veterinarian. Opera Singer…
As children, we only see possibilities. We can speak with confidence and big, gap-toothed grins. As adults, we are more pragmatic. We understand the work involved in reaching these goals. But I believe there is still a dreaming seven-year-old in all of us, from time to time.
With that said, I will tell you my bucket list, as a dreamer and as an adult.
• Visit Neuschwanstein Castle
• Learn more about my ancestors in France, Germany, England, and Ireland
• Take ballroom dancing lessons
• Discover that Julia Roberts, Sandra Bullock, and I were meant to be best friends (currently, only one of us knows this for a fact).
• Own a big brick house with an in-ground pool and a round room
• Hit the New York Times Bestsellers List
• Write and publish scads of successful books and more books, and then even more.
…just to name a few.
Wishing you all the best of 2016,
~USA TODAY bestselling author Vivienne Lorret loves romance novels, her pink laptop, her husband, and her two sons (not necessarily in that order ... but there are days). Transforming copious amounts of tea into words, she is an Avon Impulse author of works including: Tempting Mr. Weatherstone, The Wallflower Wedding Series, The Rakes of Fallow Hall Series, The Duke's Christmas Wish, and the Season's Original Series. For more on her upcoming novels, visit her at www.vivlorret.net