by Kristin Holt
What do you get when eleven authors band together to create a series based on one common character--and her gift of heirloom quilts to her 11 grandchildren, upon the occasion of their weddings?
The obvious answer: A multi-author series.
Another obvious answer: A dozen sweet romances.
Sweet Romances = no sexual content, no offensive language, and no gratuitous violence.
- 12 different quilts to entwine in stories, in keeping with The Prequel (contemporary setting)
- 12 different (but similar) approaches to Grandma Mary
- Two sisters, both with an urgency to leave home...
- ...and one who's desperate to return
- Cousin rivalry and sweetheart kisses
- Talented young ladies straining society's limits (Kizzie, Gloria, Monica, Josie, and Pleasance)
- A mystery or two...or three
- Music and song
- Ladies in big trouble, and ladies who are trouble
- Men with hearts as big as the western territories (Tad, Jesse, Zebulon, Leander, Luke, William, Gabriel, Jacob, Morgan, Callum, Chase, and Colin.)
- Mail-order brides from England, New York, Colorado (via Paris, France), and Iowa
- Second chances here, and second chances there (don't you enjoy reading another chance at love?)
- A doctor, and onewho doesn't want to be...
- Love in the least likely places
- Quilts celebrating love of family, the ties connecting generations, and marriages in simpler times and places
- A new book club!
- Grandma's Wedding QuiltSeries, THE PREQUEL, by KateCambridge, January 1
- Kizzie'sKisses by Zina Abbott, January 9
- Jesse'sBargain by KayP. Dawson, January 10
- Meredith'sMistake by AmeliaC. Adams, January 11
- Monica'sMystery by KateCambridge, January 12
- Pleasance's First Love by Kristin Holt, January 13
- Zebulon's Bride by PatriciaPacJac Carroll, January 14
- Ione'sDilemma by Linda Carroll-Brad, January 16
- Josie'sDream by AngelaRaines, January 17
- Chase'sStory by P.A.Estelle, January 18
- Gloria'sSong by KathrynAlbright, January 19
- Tad'sTreasure by Shanna Hatfield, January 20
So, what's where's "the funny thing that happened on the way..."?
I'll leave the discovery of the 11 brands of humor--some subtle, some abundant--in each of these twelve stories. That, perhaps, is the best part of a multi-author series. Different flavors, styles, and focus. Some authors' writing will make you laugh, others will make you smile. We hope all the stories in this series are "keepers" to those who prefer a sweeter read.
Hi! I'm Kristin Holt, USA Today Bestselling Author.
I write frequent articles (or view recent posts easily on my Home Page, scroll down) about the nineteenth century American West–every subject of possible interest to readers, amateur historians, authors…as all of these tidbits surfaced while researching for my books. I also blog monthly at Sweet Romance Reads, Sweet Americana Sweethearts, and Romancing the Genres.