Saturday, June 17, 2017

THE BLESSING OF STORYTELLING by Cerece Rennie Murphy

SF TRILOGY BY CERECE RENNIE MURPHY
I believe that having a story to tell is a blessing.  Honoring that gift is the reason why I write, but I also believe that a blessing is not complete until it’s shared, which is why I love sharing my stories with you. 


I write just like I read, sampling a little bit of everything.  My stories run the gamut, from a sci-fi trilogy (Order of the Seers) to an early reader children’s book series (Ellis and The Magic Mirror) all the way back to a time-bending historical romance (To Find You).  Although my stories span multiple continents, plotlines, and even languages (Order of the Seers has 7 of them!), my stories are all about one thing – discovering our truest selves and living that life to its fullest purpose. 

Whether it’s a little boy learning to live up to the duties of being a Stonekeeper or two souls desperately trying to find each other through time, each challenge always brings them closer to the person they are truly meant to be which, in my book, is the ultimate happy ending!
 
THE WOLF QUEEN
(Sneak Peek of the cover sketch!)
My latest novel, The Wolf Queen, is no different.  On this journey, my imagination is taking me to an ancient fantasy world where a young woman named Ameenah lives alone in the woods trying to forget the loss of her family. As any good story would have it, her isolation is broken by a chance meeting with a powerful Amir who wants to make her his bride even though Ameenah’s heart belongs to another.  Resisting his attempts leads her to uncover a magical legacy that she must claim in order to fight against the tyranny of the Amir and lead her people to freedom.


Right now, I’m in the thick of world-building, plotting, and planning out the story so that when I actually start writing, all the bits and pieces fit together perfectly.  It is a little intimidating creating a world from scratch, but I am loving every minute of discovery.  

Here’s a super secret peek at the book cover sketch, which is still in progress. 
CERECE RENNIE MURPHY

I don’t expect to be finished with The Wolf Queen before the end of the year, but I will be posting excerpts throughout my writing, so if you’re interested, please visit my website blog and let me know what you think.  https://www.cerecerenniemurphy.com/ 

I’d love to hear from you!  XO - Cerece

Cerece Rennie Murphy fell in love with science fiction at the age of seven, watching “Empire Strikes Back” at the Uptown Theater in Washington, D.C., with her sister and mom. It’s a love affair that has grown ever since...In 2011, Cerece experienced her own supernatural event - a vision of her first science fiction story. Shortly after, she began developing and writing what would become the bestselling Order of the Seers trilogy.  Order of the Seers was selected as one of The Best Kindle Books of 2014 by Digital Book Today.

In addition to working on the 2nd book in the Ellis and The Magic Mirror children’s book series with her son and releasing her 4th adult novel titled, To Find You, Mrs. Murphy is currently launching NARAZU, an online platform designed to deliver the best in indie sci-fi content and comic culture to the fans who love it most. You can visit the new site at www.narazu.com

2 comments:

Sarah Raplee said...

Your stories sound amazing - ALL of them!!! Thank yo for gusting at RTG!!!

Judith Ashley said...

I'm amazed and impressed with the depth and width of your storytelling, Cerece! Thank you again for guesting with us at Romancing The Genres.

What do you do so that you can work in so many different sub-genres as well as children's books?