Monday, May 7, 2018

Seven Year Itch by Paty Jager


I am proud to be a part of this wonderful blog put together by our blog queens- Judith Ashley and Sarah Raplee. I was one of the first bloggers and was honored when they asked me to join. Over the years there have been some great posts from awesome writers, our monthly contributors and spectacular guest bloggers the blog queens have rustled up.

To commemorate the 7 years this blog has been in existence, the topic this month is to blog about something that has happened to me in the last 7 years.

What hasn’t!

It was 7 years ago that I took the Indie Author plunge. I had 10 books published with a small press when other writer friends started suggesting and pushing me toward an Indie career. At first, I was scared and dubious I could handle all the hats it takes to be an Indie Author. But gradually, I came to cherish the ability to put books out when I wanted, get book covers I loved, and to price books and have sales how I wanted.
With Indie publishing comes deadlines, publishing, marketing, and the ever-present social media.
Some days there doesn’t seem to be enough hours in the day. I want to make my word count, get a book ready to publish, and market. And while I’m doing this I’m also managing a household and helping with the ranching.

Even though I’m behind already this year with my projected books and releases, I wouldn’t change a thing about the path I’ve taken to be a published author. I now have 32 books, 8 novellas, and a dozen short stories published. I enjoy writing my Shandra Higheagle Mystery series, collaborating with other authors in box sets, and coming the end of this year, a shared world series.

I’ll have the first e-novella of my Tumbling Creek Ranch series, a contemporary western romance to give to one person who leaves a comment. What has been a big event in your life the last 7 years?

8 Seconds to Love
Book one of the Tumbling Creek Ranch series

Lacey Wallis has put blood, sweat, and tears into her dream of making it to the National Finals Rodeo and isn’t about to let an injury stop her. However, she didn’t expect the ER nurse to be the man she had a crush on years ago, or to discover that crush hadn’t been one-sided.

Jared McIntyre lived through loving and the death of one thrill-seeking woman, and wasn’t about to let that happen again. Especially not to Lacey. But that would mean he’d have to allow himself to love again.  
Which will it be, a life-long dream, or the love of a lifetime?



Paty Jager is an award-winning author of 32 novels, 8 novellas, and numerous anthologies of murder mystery and western romance. All her work has Western or Native American elements in them along with hints of humor and engaging characters. This is what Mysteries Etc says about her Shandra Higheagle mystery series: “Mystery, romance, small town, and Native American heritage combine to make a compelling read.”
blog / websiteFacebook / Paty's Posse / Goodreads / Twitter / Pinterest   / Bookbub



4 comments:

Judith Ashley said...

Oh my Paty, Love the cover and blurb on the first story in your Tumbling Creek Ranch series! And you are so right about the indie path. I'm also one who likes to be in control of my stories and covers. So glad you are still writing stories I love to read!

Diana McCollum said...

I've always loved your writing, Paty. 10 books to 32 in 7 years, you are one awesome writer. Wonderful post!!

The biggest event in my life in the last 7 years was retiring from my last job of 23 years and moving to Bend, OR.

Sarah Raplee said...

ai'e been a fan-girl from way back, Paty! so glad you went Indie and have been so successful!

One Big Thing that happened to me in the past 7 years was that we moved onto an acreage in the country. We're loving the country life!

Barbara Rae Robinson said...

Your indie career is an inspiration to other writers. But we also know how hard you work at it. Your energy and abilities are amazing. Here's to many more successful years!