Monday, January 21, 2019

My Favorite Books of 2018 by Kristin Wallace

Our theme this month is our favorite books on 2018. Not an easy subject, actually. I read a lot of good books and discovered several new authors. However my favorite books happened to be by some of my all-time favorite authors. Here are a few you might want to check out (if you haven’t already).

Beach Town by Mary Kay Andrews
This is not a new book as it was published in 2015, but I must have missed it. I always enjoy Mary Kay Andrews’ humor. The book follows a location scout who is looking for the perfect beach town for a movie, and she finds it in tiny Cypress Key, Florida. Not everyone is thrilled to have a movie come to town, including the mayor (who has to be the love interest of course). This book is lots of fun.


The Glass Kitchen by Linda Francis Lee
This book is also not new (2014) but I found it last year too. This story has a romance and a bit of magic as the heroine uses food to see what’s coming and sense peoples’ emotions. After a childhood tragedy she suppresses her “gift”, then buries it even further to please her demanding, society husband. After a divorce and a move to her grandmother’s old house, her gift begins to return, aided by a gorgeous landlord. If you’re a foodie you will really love this book.



First Star I See Tonight by Susan Elizabeth Phillip

SEP never fails to deliver, and in this book she returns to the world of the Chicago Stars. The story centers on a struggling female detective who is trying to play bodyguard to a stubborn ex-football player who doesn’t think he needs protecting. 


Good Luck With That by Kristan Higgins

Kristan has moved more toward women’s fiction than straight romance in the last two years, but this book has both. The subject matter is also a bit darker as it deals with two women who struggle with being overweight and the emotional weight that comes with that. In the end it’s a moving story about what happens when women learn to embrace their bodies and be happy.



Julie Anne Long may be more well-known for her historical romances, particularly her Pennyroyal Green series. She also has a fantastic contemporary series called Hellcat Canyon and if you haven’t read them…do so now! The latest book uncovers some secrets and there is a smokin’ hot ex-Navy SEAL turned elementary school principal hero. Yummy and lots of fun.




So those are my favorite books...tell me a few of yours!

Kristin Wallace is the USA Today Best Selling Author of inspirational and contemporary romance filled with “Love, Laughter and a Leap of Faith”. Look for her upcoming release, an all new Palm Cove Tale, SECOND CHANCE HERO coming soon.




1 comment:

Judith Ashley said...

Kristin, Thanks for adding more book ideas to my reading list! I'm currently reading Cathy Maxwell's "If Ever I Should Love You" and I've another of hers I've not read before waiting in the wings. Last year I reread many of my "keeper" books. Now I'm off to read new to me books that may have been out a year or two or, new to me authors courtesy of all the Genre-istas.