Friday, May 17, 2019

Marvellous May


Hi, I'm Pippa Jay, author of scifi and supernatural stories to engage your emotions. And welcome to marvellous magical May!
May has always been one of my favourite times of the year, significantly because of three things. The first of May marks Beltane, the pagan start of summer and usually the point where the British weather takes a marked change for the better...well, sometimes. This year the first of May was actually a glorious day sandwiched between two very wet, windy and cold days - one extreme to the other! And how terribly British to talk about the weather. :P

May also sees my wedding anniversary - 26 years! We celebrated at home with a proper takeaway curry (to make up for each of us sneaking a posh but healthy breakfast into each other's work bags, lol).
The 7th of May also marks my seventh anniversary as a published author with my debut novel Keir. Seven years ago I would never have believed I'd have 18 published works by now. 
Original cover,
seven years ago

The fact that Romancing the Genres also celebrates its Blog-o-versary just makes it all the more fun.

3 comments:

Judith Ashley said...

Happy Anniversaries and May Day, Pippa. And 18 published works? WTG!!!.

Sarah Raplee said...

I love May as well, Pippa!

Congratulations on your twenty-sixth wedding anniversary! May you enjoy many more happy years. Also happy seventh year as a published author. Eighteen published works is phenomenal! So much to celebrate!

Luanna Stewart said...

You have so much to celebrate in May! I like the month as well, the bursting buds of May and all that. Our weather (in NS) has not cooperated at all - rain, rain, go away! Congratulations on your anniversary!