Thursday, May 16, 2019

8 of what????

Because it's our 8th anniversary we are celebrating with 8's...
I struggled with this.

Do I share the best 8 doughnuts? They all are.





My favorite 8 pastimes/hobbies? Ummm, I have a 7 year old I don't have pastimes or hobbies.


Eight authors I love to read? Just too many to try to list and it made my eye twitch trying to narrow down the list.


Or maybe 8 things that I refuse to gain the bandwagon on??? I don't watch Game of Thrones. Have never seen one episode.



It stressed me. I had to pause...I researched things...Like little known facts...by the way the dwarf shark is the smallest shark at 8 inches.

Traditional gifts for 8th anniversary - not a lot to blog about on bronze or pottery - just saying.

See the struggle is real!!

Then I decide you know what makes a relationship strong? Sharing the everyday things. And we - the bloggers and the readers - are in a relationship. So here are 8 random things from the last forty-eight hours of my life.

1. Day #4 of temp over 100 with fever reducer. Super sore throat ... dr said he had pus dripping from his tonsils (yup gross) and his ears are inflamed... this has been his normal pose for the last 48 hours...do we know how to have fun or what???


2. We just returned from an overnight adventure into Daniel Boone's habitat - a cabin with large gaps between the wood, no electric, no heat,  and no running water (which is probably why #1 is happening).


3. My son gave me an air fryer for Mother's day and I have made these amazing things in it :-)
Mashed potato fritters

roasted broccoli 

Stuffed mushrooms



4. I read Tempests and Slaughter by Tamora Peirce

5. I spent hours trying to decide on 8 amazing things to blog about ... and failed.

6. Spring has finally came and I walked 2 miles outside instead of on the treadmill.




7. I made diabetic friendly blueberry lemon scones and they were AWFUL but the diabetic friendly crepes were AMAZING.

sooo soooo bad

sooo sooo yummy


8. I finished edits on book coming out in October.


So what are some of the 'normal' things in your life the last 48 hours? Please share!


2 comments:

Judith Ashley said...

I feel your pain Lyncee and with a sick little one the fact you've done anything in the past 48 hours is amazing! I've #1 done dizziness exercises #2 done sore heel exercises #3 tore fingernail getting back brace off #4 mixed 2.5 mg. of muscle relaxer with Benadryl in order to get some sleep #5 called neighbor to push my yard debris bin to curb for pick up so I didn't injure self #6 called dil and asked her to do load of laundry so I have something clean to wear #7 acupuncture appointment #8 doctor appointment (podiatrist who injected steroids into heel - fingers crossed pain will lessen). I think I like your list better - especially the donuts.

Sarah Raplee said...

#1 Made tea in the new teapot i got for Mother's Day. It took us 4 days to find a store that sold loose leaf tea instead of just bags.
#2 Put yellow raincoats on my two little dogs, Mac and Marcus, every time they had to go outside because it's been raining like crazy.
#3 Admired our gorgeous Irises that are in full bloom.
#4 Played Bocce Ball for the first time with Son 2, his wife and kids.
#5 Gave the neighbor's rough-coated collie a good rub and words of love when I saw him pining for his family on the front porch of his house. They are on a short trip.
#6 Prayed.
#7 Read FORBIDDEN by Beverly Jenkins.
#8 Played Words With Friends on my phone with my sister.