Monday, March 30, 2020

First kiss and yoga


Hey hey everyone! 

Thanks for stopping by for my first kiss post. I'm excited that I get to be 2x this month.
A 1st kiss is sort of a fairy tale moment...


Have you every wanted something? I mean really really wanted something? Then you get it and your disappointed? Well, Aislynn is in that boat. She’s spent centuries watching humans and is intrigued by us – especially our emotions. When she’s granted a week to become human, she’s all about that.

However, she's about to learn not all first are great. Sort of like when I went to a yoga class. I’m so jealous of the flexibility people who do yoga have. And I own a lot – I mean A LOT – of yoga pants so I decided I should give it a shot. I mean – peace, flexibility, and 45 minutes grandchild free. How could this NOT be amazing???

Well, first of I knew none of the positions. So, I was always looking at the person next to me until it sort of started to get creepy. I mean you twist yourself into some explicit positions and then to have someone staring at you. Well, it gets awkward. Minutes into the class, I started planning murders using yoga positions. What can I say people die in every book I write (except my sweet Christmas novella).

So sadly me and hubby will never get this first kiss ;-)


Aislynn wanted to experience all the things and she just KNEW they would be great. Well....this is Aislynn’s first kiss….

"Huh." She pulled back.  "I thought a kiss would spark more reaction than a bruise." Disappointment filled her face causing her brows to knit together. "Maybe it's you. Do woman usually feel emotions when they kiss you? Do kisses only work with certain males? Should we try it again?"

Finley drew in a shaky breath, too bad such a sexy woman and totally crazy. He knew of no law forbidding the kissing of a mentally instable person but on the humanity scale it was well below slimy. "Let me contact the police for you."  He placed his hands on her shoulders and with regret pushed her back creating a space between them.

"Why?" She shook her head. "I have no need for your law enforcement. I'm not so dissatisfied with your kiss I wish to see you placed in jail." Standing, she smiled. "Good bye. Thank you for sharing pain with me and a awful kiss." 

Where I haven’t tried yoga again, Aislynn does goes on to experience human emotions (and does find a good kisser).

What was your first kiss experience? Did you feel would be amazing to only have it fall short of your expectations?



Blurb:
Aislynn is a mermaid who has watched humans from afar for thousands of years.  A negotiator for Neptune, she wonders, what it would be like to feel anything but especially passion the way humans do when they have sex. The truth is mermaids can't feel emotions of any kind and hot sex is one of those experiences she wishes for.  When the opportunity to become a human - temporarily - presents itself, she takes it.
Finley McCormock is a hard-core, tough as nails divorce attorney who represents rich women leaving their husbands. He has no time to do pro-bono environmental work like his colleagues or to fall in love himself. Why bother? He knows how marriages end.  But, his new housekeeper, as odd as she is, gives him a hard on he has to take care of.  The good news is Aislynn seems more than happy to oblige. She is his sexual fantasy come true, from the mid-day office visit that includes a spanking session to the trip to Trinker's Sex Toys. Aislynn is willing to try anything.
But, when Aislynn's past catches up with her, Finley will have to decide if his attraction for Aislynn goes further than the surface of the water. Does he really want to get in deep with his mermaid?

Ebook: A Mermaid's Wish

See everyone in a few weeks!

3 comments:

Judith Ashley said...

Had to laugh at the picture of the couple in a yoga pose? That doesn't even look comfortable and I'd be so stressed out keeping the pose, I'd never enjoy the kiss at all. I really don't remember my first kiss. How can that be? Since I write romantic women's fiction, I should be able to come up with a good story but, while I understand first kisses are important in stories obviously not in real life. First meet? I can do that one although that does not have a HEA.

Sarah Raplee said...

Loved your hilarious excerpt, Lyncee!!! What a fun premise for your book.

Maggie Lynch said...

I agree with Judith that the yoga pose you pictured looks like it takes all strength from both parties and no softness to enjoy a kiss. I'd be worried about falling on the guys head and killing him. :)

I have to admit my first kiss was disappointing. It was in a game of spin-the-bottle my freshman year of high school. My expectations were way too high for fireworks and all that. Also, I didn't have any feelings for the boy who kissed me. He tried to french kiss and I just thought it was gross and sloppy.

Fortunately, future "first kisses" with someone I had feelings for were much better.