Wednesday, May 6, 2020

I'm PO'd


When I want to indulge myself, I go to Pinterest.  I’m what you might call PO’d…Pinterest Obsessed.

For those of you who only recently arrived on this planet, and for the couple who only recently crawled out of your bunkers, Pinterest is a visual website with ideas for recipes, hobbies, games, home, art, lifestyle…and so much more.  When you discover “Pins” you love, you save them to boards to keep your ideas organized and easy to find.

The problem is, when you click on a “pin,” it takes you to another board…and another…and another.  And time vanishes. So it’s probably no surprise that when I came across an article entitled, “10 Signs You Might Be Addicted to Pinterest,” I had to test myself.

1.       You open the app five (or more times a day).
Doesn’t count if you never close the app, right?

2.       You pin articles without actually reading them.
There are words?

3.       You actually write descriptions for your pins.
Okay, I don’t do this.  That means I’m good, correct?

4.       You have boards for products you aren’t even interested in.
Hmm, define “interested.”

5.       You’re constantly updating your profile.
One minute the tell you to stay “current,” the next they’re saying you’re addicted.

6.    You have several secret boards with gift ideas for loved ones.
Let’s get real, this doesn’t mean I’m addicted to Pinterest.  It just means I’m addicted to Christmas.

7.    You have so many pins that you don’t realize you pinned the same thing twice.
I don’t remember what I had for lunch. I’m supposed to remember I already pinned that cute little penguin eating a snow cone last Christmas?

8.    You go to Pinterest before you go to Google to search for things.
Well, duh.  Half the Google searches take you to Pinterest anyway. Going there first is just efficient.

9.    Your boards have cute, pun-filled names.
       Oh for cripe’s sake.  Writer’s gotta pun.

10.   You always have a pin for that.
You got me.  I’ll sign up for Pinterest Anonymous tomorrow.

Addicted or not, what would we do in this COVID world without Pinterest?
What about you?  Are you equally PO’d? 

Happy pinning!  And stay safe.
Robin

7 comments:

Judith Ashley said...

Of course I smiled and chuckled as I read your post, Robin. However, I really really really do Not like Pinterest. How can that be? I went to Google and typed in Rise Bar Recipe. Well, what a mess!!! Dozens of sorta, almost, maybe, could be, perhaps recipes come up. And for months afterwards I got emails about PINS for food, clothes, weather, etc. Actually as I write this I realize they've slowed down or maybe even stopped as it's been about a year now. So, I'm the opposite of PinAddicted.

Connelley said...

Loved the read!
P.S. Join the club....Im “addicted” to Pinterest too lol

Lynn Lovegreen said...

I'm not as PO'd as you are Robin, but I'm up there! It's a fun way to look at things you're interested in. And others you discover while scrolling through pins..... :-)

Sarah Raplee said...

fun read! my husband calls it 'the rabbit hole" as in "down the rabbit hole to Wonderland"! Fun post, Robin!

Diana McCollum said...

Enjoyed the post Robin! I haven't used it a lot lately. But I do have about a dozen boards. And when I start a new story such as one set in MA I start a board with pictures from that area, and pictures of boats or what ever might come up in my story.

Usually holidays I use Pinterest more for food ideas.

Deb N said...

This is the one reason I have never tried Pinterest - I would be addicted in moments. But I know I need to get on and makes boards for my books - past, present and future - because it might jumpstart my muse which is lost right now. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it :-) Checking it out tomorrow. Thanks for reminding me, Robin! And when I don't get my edits done, at least I can blame you and not me :-) for reminding me I've always wanted to try Pinterest.

Eleri Grace said...

Oh, I love Pinterest! I could spend WAY more time there if I let myself