Monday, May 4, 2020

My Celebration Month by Paty Jager

Little did I know 41 years ago that May would become my celebration month for more than one reason.

 Forty-one years ago this month I married the man who aggravates, teases me, and makes me laugh so much my sides hurt. At the time, we picked the month in between our birthday months to get married.  And not thinking of anything other than it being the middle of the month, most years our anniversary falls on Mother's Day weekend. Which can be good and bad. Bad, his mom never remembers our anniversary. My husband's parents were from the Netherlands. They came over in the 1950's. And the two weeks before our wedding, they and his sister were all in The Netherlands for first his dad's mother's funeral and then his mom's dad passed away and they stayed longer for his funeral arriving back home the day before our wedding, which was held where I grew up 6 hours from where they lived. Anyway, our wedding is just blur for her. She doesn't travel well and on top of losing her father who she was very close with, our wedding just never registered with her.

But I'm okay with that. After all, it does usually fall on Mother's Day and therefore I not only get treated like a queen by hubby but also my kids. ;)

Another celebration in May--My first published book came out in May 2006, Marshal in Petticoats. It was published with the small publisher, Wild Rose Press in the Cactus Rose line which is the historical western romance line. That was the beginning of 10 books published with them in various romance lines.

Soon after I was invited to be a member of this blog which started in May 2010! Thank you BQ's Judith and Sarah! I have enjoyed being a member of this blog, because these two ladies keep us on our toes and give us great topics each month.

In 2012 I took the plunge of Indie Publishing and haven't looked back. I enjoy writing the books I write and being able to put them up for readers without having to go through the gates of an agent or an editor at a publishing house.

And the best part of being Indie Published is the fact I can have a sale of any book whenever I want. This month, all month long, because it is my anniversary month in so many ways, I have a box set of 3 steamy contemporary western romance novellas on sale for $0.99!

Love at Tumbling Creek Ranch

8 Seconds to Love 

The bull rider brought into Jared McIntyre’s ER is the girl he couldn’t get out of his head the last fifteen years. During his tour in Iraq, he lost another thrill-seeking woman, and he isn’t about to let this one destroy her life.

Love Me Anyway 

Melanie Trask ran away from an abusive husband and found a job at a dude ranch with a wonderful caring cowboy, Brett Wallis. When they can no longer deny their feelings, Brett offers to help her divorce her husband. But she has one more secret she hasn’t revealed…

The Wrong Cowboy to Love

Ruby Cutter allows her cousin, the bride, to give her a makeover for the upcoming wedding because she wants to catch the attention of her high school crush. But while she’s infatuated with one man, she may be falling for another…

https://books2read.com/u/mv5w8X

Paty Jager is an award-winning author of 44 novels, 8 novellas, and numerous anthologies of murder mystery and western romance. All her work has Western or Native American elements in them along with hints of humor and engaging characters.
blog / websiteFacebook / Paty's Posse / Goodreads / Twitter / Pinterest   / Bookbub

6 comments:

Judith Ashley said...

Your box set looks amazing! And being able to choose when and where to put out a box set as well as when to do a sale is one of the perks of being an indie author. Congratulations on nearing the "magic" 50 novels level.

Paty Jager said...

Thank you for the kind words, Judith. Yes, I will be close to 50 books by this month next year! Something else to celebrate!!Thanks for commenting!

Diana McCollum said...

Paty,

Congrats on ALL your events you celebrate this month. Thanks for putting the box set up for .99 cents! I'll be taking advantage of that.

Sarah Raplee said...

Happy Anniversary, Happy Mother's Day, Publishing Anniversary, and Happy Blog-o-versary, Paty!
I'm going to take advantage of your Boxed Set Sale, too. I need uplifting stories to take me away during this stressful time, and I'm a fangirl from way back!!!

Luanna Stewart said...

Golly, you have ALL sorts of good things to celebrate. Congratulations X 4!!

Paty Jager said...

Hi Diana! Thank you! Enjoy the box set. They were all fun to write.

Sarah, Thank you! These stories all have a bit of humor, some hot moments, and some uplifting ones, so enjoy!

Hi Luanna, Thank you! Yes, this is a wonderful month for me!