Saturday, June 13, 2020

Silver Linings by Mary Vine

Mary Vine

As a young adult, I had no idea what the expression silver lining really meant. Around 2002, my husband was transferred to Boise, Idaho for three years, a move we did not want, but it was a place that I learned how to enjoy the sunshine, write for publication and found the best work experience I’d had up until this time. Yet, still I didn’t fully grasp the meaning until we’d moved away from Oregon, after my husband was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis. We left our home and state to find a more affordable life.

From our three-year stay, we’d learned that SW Idaho – at the time - was an inexpensive place for us to buy a house and not have a mortgage. Now, we saw there was a reason we were placed here via the work transfer.


After this move, we found two doctors that gave my husband a different diagnosis of multiple sclerosis (type), one that included medications that have helped him feel better each year. I found a church that was just what I needed. I got a job with higher pay.

The list goes on and on. Sometimes, we don’t know what we have or what will happen until the storm hits us and we are left with a cloud with a silver lining. The next time a storm comes your way, and it will, be sure to look for the silver lining, they are certain to come and will strengthen your faith.

As I’ve grown older, I’ve learned some things, some thoughts that I want to pass on to my children and grandchildren. One of these messages is about silver linings. BIJU SILVER LINING is the result.

Writing Language-Based Children’s Books That Educate, Inspire and Give Hope.

Mary Vine is an author, publisher, speaker and retired educator. She writes contemporary and historical romantic fiction, a time travel series, and inspirational children’s books: BIG GUY UPSTAIRS, BIJU SILVER LINING and DRAGON GILBY. Mary, and her husband can usually be found in Southwest Idaho or Northeast Oregon.

To learn more about Mary Vine, visit www.maryvine.com


Mary’s books can be found on Amazon.




10 comments:

Lynn Lovegreen said...

Thanks for your post, Mary. I'm glad you found your silver lining.

Mary Vine said...

Yes, and they keep coming. Thanks for the comment.

Deb N said...

Thanks so much for the reminder, Mary. Sometimes we do forget to look for the silver linings in everything we do. And the end result for you, one of many, a lovely book that should help so many children.

Mary Vine said...

What a wonderful thought, Deb. I was hoping to at least help my grandkids. Thank you.

Judith Ashley said...

Mary, a great reminder to trust that there is a silver lining even if we can't see it in the immediate moment.

Mary Vine said...

Well said, Judith. It took me a long time to figure that out too. Thanks for the comment.

Sarah Raplee said...

One of the best lessons we can teach our children is to look for the good in any difficult situation, or even person. Your book will be a blessing to the children who read the story or have it read to them.hoping you have many sales!!!

Mary Vine said...

Thanks Sarah. Hopefully we'll all see a silver lining in our personal lives after 2020.

Maggie Lynch said...

Loved this post! I am a big believer in silver linings. However, they only reveal themselves when you look for them. What a great way to teach children about this concept through a picture book.

Mary Vine said...

Interesting point, Maggie, and something to think about as well. Now, I can't imagine not looking for them now. Thanks for commenting.