Wednesday, November 18, 2020

Christmas With My Author Friends

 

Christmas is coming ! Time off work, time with family and friends. Time to relax (after the festivities) and read. If you're in the Southern Hemisphere (like here in Australia) then that might be on the beach or next to a pool. Or if you're up north, you might be lucky enough (from the perspective of someone who's never had one) to be cosy with a fireplace and a 'white Christmas'. )That's something on my bucket list!)

So, if I was lucky enough to be curled up on a squishy sofa next to a blazing open fire, what would I be reading? 

I am so lucky to know some very talented writers (who are also very lovely people) and in the spirit of the holiday season, I would love to give their Christmas romances a shout out. 

I'll be cheeky and re-read my own Christmas romance - Unwrapped, Because Christmas/(or any Holiday) stories are seasonal in their appeal this doesn't get much of a look-in for most of the year so it dust it off for Christmas. In hindsight I loved writing this story (at this time it's always torture though !) and it was my way of having a vicarious white Christmas with snow angels and tobogganing and a spa in the snow. And a hunky single dad hero and a part-time Christmas elf heroine. 

I know many of you who actually have snowy winters aren't always that excited by the cold and the inconvenience, but I'd love to just experience it - and until I can, I'll just have to write about it.

Meet Ryland am Holly FREE on Amazon (click cover)

I'm so excited that three of my favorite historical authors (Anna Campbell, Sasha Cottman and Emmanuelle de Maupassant) are part of a Christmas collection. If I didn't already love their writing, the gorgeous cover would be enough to attract my attention. With the right amount of emotion and sizzle, and a bit of scandal, these stories are going to warm my my holiday season! 

Even in this modern day and age, there's something about a historical setting for an Aussie Christmas, but the thought of a red velvet cloak, trimmed with white 'fluff' and a matching 'muff', while ice skating on a frozen pond - well in my dreams anyway. I think my ankles might have something to say about ice skating these days  lol  but a girl can fantasize.

Christmas tradition last through the ages and I love the different ones from 
different places. For a little taste of Italian Christmas, check out 'Saved By The Bell' for a story set in a small Italian village where an Aussie girl has an unexpected inheritance that takes her to Italy and an unexpected romance. 

With all the upheaval of this (sadly ongoing in some part of the world still) I'm hoping we will have a bit of Christmas miracle and that friends and families will be able to get together and celebrate the end of a crazy, scary year. 

I hope that where ever your part of the world might be, that you're doing ok and by the time I write a December post we are well on our way towards a much better 2021 - in the mean time, happy reading!

Andra x

2 comments:

Judith Ashley said...

Hi Andra, Thanks for adding to my Christmas/Holiday stories to read list. Where I live in Oregon, USA, we are starting a 4 week stay home mandate to try to get our numbers of infections, hospitalizations and deaths under control. I've personally crossed spending in person time with anyone off my Wish List until 2021. Next year at this time I'll be with family and friends but from my point of view, the risks are too high to tempt fate this year. And White Christmases are beautiful and wonderful especially if it warms up in the next day or two and melts off!

Maggie Lynch said...

As many of us can't spend the holidays with family or friends this year, having a good reading list for dreamy romances is a great idea.

I used to be like you, living in Southern California where it never snowed for the holidays. In fact, I remember getting to go outside with my new clamp on sidewalk skates on Christmas day in 70+ Fahrenheit weather and bright sunshine to skate up and down the sidewalk. However, when I moved to Ohio as an adult for four years, all I remember is being constantly cold from November to April.

I'm back to the west coast now and have been for 20 years, so I'm definitely ready for some holiday stories with snowbound celebrations, cozy fireplaces, and lots of love.