Tuesday, November 17, 2020

Holiday Romances – a Balm to the Heart and Soul ... by Delsora Lowe

With all the craziness going on around us in this upside-down state of the world, reading romance, and especially holiday romance, is a great escape.

And at this time of year (as I begin writing this blog in October,) it is hard not to think about reading Christmas-based stories when so many are put on sale in the fall. Plus, the new releases are quickly coming out now. So, yeah, I got a bit carried away. I’ll be reading holiday stories into January and February 2021, at this rate. But it puts me in the mood to edit my own Christmas story aimed for the 2021 season.

Here is a list of Christmas books I have read in the last month, many released in the last few years and some brand-new ones just coming on the market. Some are by my favorite authors and some are by new-to-me authors. I still have another LONG list of books waiting to be read. Stay tuned for the December RTG blog for more information on the ones I have yet to read…and I hate to admit, I’m sure I’ll add a few more titles to this list.

What better way to keep your spirits up during such a rough patch for the entire world, than to get lost in holiday-spirited stories.

Meet Me at the Inn: Deerbourne Inn by Roni Denholtz (2020)

A friends to fake romance to lovers book, set in a small-town, Vermont Inn at Thanksgiving, with a boatload of relatives who want the best for the heroine as she ingratiates herself back into the family.



Christmas Kisses with my Cowboy by Diana Palmer, Marina Adair and Kate Pearce (2020)

Three Christmas cowboy stories in one! What more could you want?

The Jingle Bell Bride
by Scarlet Wilson (2017)

A fun and unique Christmas story. One of the 2020 Hallmark movies, of the same name, is based on this book.




I’ll Be Home for Christmas
by Karen Clarke (2019)

A Brit’s journey to France to see her aunt and cousin leads to an adventure of self-discovery in a witty, “Christmas overload” romp. Another new author to me…and fun!

The Clause in Christmas by Rachael Bloome (2019)

A fun, witty take on learning the meaning of Christmas. Despite love at first sight, trust must be built. Fun secondary characters and the epitome of small-town togetherness. This is a new author to me, and I will be reading more.


Her Cowboy Billionaire Best Friend: Christmas in Coral Canyon by Liz Isaacson (2018)

Two former best friends reunited. Problem is, both don’t need anyone else, until they realize they do need each other. A sweet, inspirational about building a solid relationship, finding family, and celebrating life together at Christmas.

Mistletoe, Mobsters, and Mozzarella by Peggy Jaeger (2020)

The craziness of running an Italian deli in the weeks leading to Christmas. Throw in a boisterous Italian family, tons of food, a hunky crush from the past who is now a detective, and oh, yeah, a body in the deli, and you have a fun, sexy romp of a romance. Warning – do not read hungry. If starved, flip to back for “family” recipes.


For the Love of Ivy by Cindy Kirk (November 2020)

An unlikely couple are drawn together to care for a seven-year-old, who of course, hopes for an HEA for her single dad. A sweet, small-town holiday romance with fun secondary characters and little bit of kissing Santa.

Be My Santa Tonight by Kathy Coatney (2020)

An angelic influence on two romances, one human and one heavenly. A sweet, quirky, cute holiday novella.


A Perfect Christmas Gift by Lori Wilde (2019)

A big city workaholic, a small-town vet, a dog who just had puppies, and an unredeemable Scrooge - what more could you want in a town called Kringle?



Peppermints & Packages (A Wilton Hills Christmas Book 3) by Marianne Rice (2020)

A sweet story of family, extended family, and new-found family, with a fun cast of characters and an adorable dog. Plus, romance at Christmas…what more could you want?



Another New Year’s Eve (Eden Prairie Book 4) by Judy Kentrus (2020)

Former lovers reunited, with the help of family, friends, and another family in need, just in time for another New Year’s Eve date.




What kind of books are you drawn to during the holidays?


My Holiday Books:
Come Dance With Me
Amazon https://www.amazon.com/Come-Dance-Me-Serenity-Starlight-ebook/dp/B074N95RGK/
Books2Read books2read.com/u/bMrQva

My latest release ~ a fall wedding reunion with a Thanksgiving resolution ~
The Love Left Behind
Amazon https://www.amazon.com/Love-Left-Behind-Hartford-Estate-ebook/dp/B08L5N5DS9/
Books2Read books2read.com/u/mglVqK

Delsora Lowe writes small town sweet romances and contemporary westerns from the mountains of Colorado to the shores of Maine. Author of the Starlight Grille series, Serenity Harbor Maine novellas, and the Cowboys of Mineral Springs series, Lowe has also authored short romances for Woman’s World magazine. Her new novella, The Love Left Behind, will release in late fall, 2020.

Social Media Links:
Author website: www.delsoralowe.com Author FaceBook page: https://www.facebook.com/delsoraloweauthor Amazon Author page: https://www.amazon.com/Delsora-Lowe/e/B01M61OM39/ref=ntt_dp_epwbk_0 Books2Read Author page: https://www.books2read.com/ap/8GWm98/Delsora-Lowe BookBub Author Page: https://www.bookbub.com/authors/delsora-lowe-93c6987f-129d-483d-9f5a-abe603876518 Goodreads Author Page: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/16045986.Delsora_Lowe

17 comments:

peggy jaeger said...

What a lovely surprise to see my book included in this great list!! thank you sososo much!

Sarah Raplee said...

Thank you for so many lovely recommendations, Delsora! I love Thanksgiving stories, so I appreciate you included one.

Deb N said...

Peggy - loved your book!!!!! I do try to support my author friends :-)

Deb N said...

Sarah - I do love Thanksgiving books too, especially at a Vermont Inn - written by another author friend of mine!

Cynthia Sherrick said...

I love all these recommendations! Thank you.

Deb N said...

Cynthia - I do love trying new authors and reconnecting with my tried and true go-to authors. Enjoy!

peggy jaeger said...

Deb 0 you're a doll!!!

Anna Taylor Sweringen said...

Reading just in time for the new shelter-in-place order here in New Mexico. Thanks for sharing. : )

Deb N said...

Peggy - :-)

Anna - yes, they are cracking down all over the country. Cases have risen in Maine the last few weeks - beyond any past cases since Feb / March. So staying in and reading holiday books is a balm for the heart and soul. I still have more than 20 on my list to read for the December blog!

Nina Pierce said...

What a fun list! Nothing like Christmas romances to get one in the mood for the holiday. I'll be checking several of these out, thanks for the recommendations!

And best of luck on your newest release!

Deb N said...

Thanks for stopping by, Nina. And thanks on good luck on new release :-) Yes, I do love my holiday stories. Hope you have a great holiday season with family!

Luanna Stewart said...

That's a great list, Delsora, with something for every taste. I'll be picking up a few for sure. I'm in desperate need of holiday cheer since it appears the holidays will be scaled way back in terms of family gatherings.

Deb N said...

Yes - sad about that. My entire family is meeting for Thanksgiving without me, since I deem it a dangerous venture. And Christmas doesn't look much brighter, so reading a ton of holiday stories does help!

Susan Vaughan said...

Love this list of books. I can see ones to add to my TBR pile. Thanks!

Maggie Lynch said...

A great list, Deb! As there are no big gatherings for us for Thanksgiving or Christmas planned given the COVID lockdowns and lack of safety, we'll be cozy with just me and my DH for company. I'm hoping to take some time off doing writerly stuff and get caught up on some books, movies, and general happiness celebration.

I've downloaded your holiday story today. When I read, "...get Ashley to lighten up and enjoy the things in life she denies herself;" I immediately thought that is a character I can identify with. I want to see how that happens. I also love the idea of the juxtaposition of jazz and classical music and the representation of rules vs improvisation.

Thanks for sharing all of these.

Deb N said...

Susan - so glad you stopped by. I do love my holiday books and will have another list in December. I'm glad you could find some that looked interesting!

Deb N said...

Maggie - I am doing the same. Just me for Thanksgiving, so a ton of time to read and watch holiday movies. And, yes, I suppose I should fix myself a "tiny" feast. The best part about Thanksgiving is fixing a bit too much food - leftovers here we come.

I hope you enjoy Ashley and Sam's story. I do have to admit, I am still in love with Sam...