Friday, November 13, 2020

The Crooked Halo Series-Book 2

 by Diana Mccollum


Kathy Coatney is a multi-published author. Her Crooked Halo Series is such an interesting concept. Aurora is the head angel of the Lost Soul Division, of Heaven Sent, a private detective agency run by three retired nuns. She is in charge  of angels Olivia and Zack. She sends them on a joint mission in hopes of bringing them together for their happily ever after. I love that the angels get around on stars!

 

So two love stories in this story.  


 

HER CHRISTMAS WISH, is book two in the Crooked Halo Series.

 

The angels are assigned to Bella. She runs The Wishing Stone, a jewelry store in the town of Hopes Crossing. After her husband left her on Christmas Eve two years ago, the joy of Christmas is gone, and decorating is depressing.

 

Matt is smitten from the moment he walks in to  The Wishing Stone. Matt is a baseball player just like the husband who walked out on Bella. Matt has to convince Bella that he will always be there for her. 

 

With help from guardian angels, Olivia and Zack, Matt is determined to show Bella that he is the one for her, and the answer to her Christmas Wish.

 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08KGWN2XM?notRedirectToSDP=1&ref_=dbs_mng_calw_1&storeType=ebooks

 

Here is an excerpt:

 

Olivia and Zack, the two guardian angels are starting their assignment. They were killed in action as CIA agents.

 

“Olivia kept her distance from Zack as he reached for a star, then gestured for her to precede him. Instead, she grabbed her own star, but before she climbed on, Zack’s taunt stopped her.

 

“Afraid to ride with me?”

 

She pivoted to face him. “No. I just prefer not to.”

 

“Why?”

 

Olivia arched a brow. “Do you really need to ask?”

 

“Apparently.”

 

She heaved a resigned sigh. “You made it abundantly clear you don’t want me, so rather than make us both uncomfortable, I’m keeping my distance.”

 

Zack’s eyes darkened with an emotion she couldn’t decipher. He released the star he’d been holding and closed the distance between them until the scent of cedar and leather surrounded her.

 

“I never said I didn’t want you. I told you I wanted more than you were willing to give.”

 

His voice sent a tendril of need curling through her. “I don’t see a difference.”

 

He brushed a finger over her cheek and desire burst through her like a comet jetting through the heavens. She leaned into his touch, closing her eyes when his voice whispered over her.

 

“I’m offering seduction, romance, passion. You offered sex.”

 

Her eyes fluttered open desperately craving what he offered. She swayed toward him, and his mouth brushed the tender spot behind her ear.

 

“When you want the same thing, I’ll be here waiting,” he murmured, then pulled back, grabbed another star, and held his hand out to her.

 

A moment ago she’d refused, but this time she accepted. In fact, she could deny him nothing right now.

 

As they soared across the sky, Olivia wondered where the driven, unemotional CIA agent had gone-the one who’d always been focused on the job?”

 

I really enjoyed reading this story. The author weaves together the angels and Bella and Matt’s 

love stories. I highly recommend this book, and frankly, any book by Kathy Coatney. You won't be disappointed!!

 

Why couldn’t angels have emotions like we do?

 

I often wonder how many people believe in angels. I know I do! 

 

Do you?

 

 

 

9 comments:

Kathy Coatney said...

Thanks Diana for sharing my story. I love these angels too!

Diana McCollum said...

Glad you stopped by Kathy! and your welcome!

Judith Ashley said...

LOL, Since I'm now a Certified Angel Tarot Card reader, I'd say I do believe in angels! Great concept and I agree Kathy Coatney always tells a good story!

Sarah Raplee said...

What a fun double-romance concept! Yes, I do believe in angels. Thanks for giving me a new series to read.

Peggy said...

This sounds like a fun series. I am hooked already and haven't even read a word.

Diana McCollum said...

Thanks Judith, who is a great Angel Taro card reader! thanks to Sarah for stopping by and enjoy the series! Hi, Peggy so glad you stopped by.

Maggie Lynch said...

I love the concepts of all three of these books. Light, uplifting, and perfect for the holidays. I hope they sell like gangbusters.

Karen Duvall said...

Sounds like a really fun story! I love angels. :)

Deb N said...

This was a fun book and got another mention on my blog (Nov 17.) I think it was Paty who suggested this book to begin with! And yes, fun to have two romances going on at once.