Saturday, April 24, 2021

Pandemic Humor - Share Your Faves!!!

 QUARANTINE HUMOR

Kenda Secoy Pinterest

Even in the darkest of times, humor brightens people’s days, if only for a few moments. Laughter is good for the body, relieving physical symptoms of stress. Sharing a laugh, in person or over the internet, strengthens our connection to others.

Anonymous

During this worldwide pandemic, humor—whether silly puns, self-deprecating tweets, or hilarious memes—is helping us keep our sanity while surviving the unimaginable. I’m kicking off today’s discussion about “pandemic humor” with the two memes above in a category known as "quarantine humor."

I've added some of my other favorites below:

    





Nothing like relaxing on the couch

  after a long day of being tense on the couch.

Kate Sidley on Twitter @sidleykate Mar 18 2020


Day 121 at home and the dog is looking at me like,
  “See? This is why I chew the furniture!”

ANONYMOUS 




Not every type of pandemic humor appeals to everyone. What's the verdict?  Share your favorite in the comments!

7 comments:

Sarah Raplee said...

C'mon, People!!! SOMEONE must like Pandemic Humor. Because...sanity.

Judith Ashley said...

The clean house meme really resonated with me...chuckled! Netflick, not so much as I've never watched anything on it.

In looking around for a funny picture to share the one that had me laughing out loud was of a human with the "cone of shame" on and the dog saying "you know you aren't supposed to touch your face"!

Judith Ashley said...

Genre-istas have stepped up with a variety of posts this month on the importance of laughter - even in or especially in the darker times in our lives.

Judith Ashley said...

How have you kept humor alive in your life this past year? A great question. My answer is that I did better for the first 12 months than I did the last couple. This month of Genre-istas sharing fun stories and humor in their writing has been a boon!

Sarah Raplee said...

Sharing your pets' antics is a great way to add humor to your life and connect with others. We adopted a puppy and his interactions with the world, ur older dog, and our cat are often hilarious. A puppy is a lot of work, but he is sooooo worth it!

Deb N said...

Sorry to be so late to the game here, but finally catching up on reading the blog. Love these, Sarah! there have been so many pandemic memes out there, it is easy to spend (as in waste :-) ) endless time going through them. But hey, wasting time to get a few laughs, is NOT wasting time. We all need these laughs.

Maggie Lynch said...

I'm running late in my blog reading, but I really loved all the funny memes you shared here. I had to think about pandemic humor I'd read or heard. It's something I read in the moment and giggle and then forget. But occasionally I save them. Here are three, without pictures attached.

"My husband purchased a world map and then gave me a dart and said: Throw this and wherever it lands—that’s where I’m taking you when this pandemic ends. Turns out, we’re spending two weeks behind the fridge."
(Truly this would be me. I'm a horrible dart thrower)

"I never thought the comment: 'I wouldn’t touch them with a six-foot pole”- would become a national policy, but here we are!"


"How did the health experts lie? They said a mask and gloves was enough to go to the grocery store. When I got there, everyone else had clothes on." (Seriously, I actually had a dream about this repeated for a week solid-scary!)