Friday, September 17, 2021

All Change

 

Hi, I'm Pippa Jay, author of sci-fi and supernatural stories to engage your emotions. 

Autumn is my favourite time of year. It's still sunny (well, sometimes - this is the UK after all), but without so great a risk of sunburn. The leaves are turning wonderful colours, the apples are ripening on the tree, there's more of the smell of woodsmoke in the breeze, and my chooks are chucking off their old plummage for new feathers. It does have its downsides though - shortening days, damper feel, and the inevitable challenge of dodging garden spider webs just walking down the garden to let my chooks out. And the appearance of house spiders indoors looking for mates. Fortunately my cats love to chase these down - I'd feel sorry for the critters if they didn't creep me out so much.

And it's been change at home too. My middle child has now started college - further education for 16-18 year olds. My youngest will have to choose his subject options for his final exams at secondary school. And it seems I may be moving on at work as I come up on three years as a science technician. Yes, this autumn since more full of change than previous ones.

However, a previous autumn did give me my first seasonal holiday story, and the colours on the cover really reflect the season. Sometimes change is good. :)



2 comments:

Sarah Raplee said...

Fall and Spring are my favorite seasons. I love fall for all the reasons you mentioned, Pippa.

I loved Hallow's Eve! Time for a re-read...

Maggie Lynch said...

I'm 100% with you, Pippa, on welcoming Autumn. As I read your post today it is finally raining. The PNW is usually known for rain, but this year we've had very little. This weekend we will be getting an inch to an inch and half and I am reveling in it.

I love your cover and the colors. You should give us a quick description of the book or a teaser. Is it SF or paranormal? or both?