Thursday, June 9, 2022

Summer Solstice in Alaska by Lynn Lovegreen

 Summer is my favorite time of year in Alaska. It's warm enough to go around without a jacket, and there's lots of daylight. When it's twilight all night long, it's easy to stay up gardening, hiking, or just enjoying life with friends and family. Here are a few summer photos to prove my point!


Spencer Glacier

  Spencer Glacier



Unalaska

Unalaska



Katmai National Park

Katmai National Park


Kachemak Bay

Kachemak Bay



Enjoy whatever season you're having right now!



Lynn Lovegreen has lived in Alaska for most of her life. After twenty years in the classroom, she retired to make more time for writing. She enjoys her friends and family, reading, and volunteering for her local library. Her young adult historical romance is set in Alaska, a great place for drama, romance, and independent characters. See her website at www.lynnlovegreen.com





2 comments:

Judith Ashley said...

Lynn, is that a Full Moon in the sky over Kachemak Bay? And bears on the spit of land at Katmai National Park?

I have to work to enjoy summer because I'm not a good heat and humidity person, nor do I like bright sunshine for any length of time. I think I'd do well living in twilight!

Lynn Lovegreen said...

Yes, good eyes, Judith!

Maybe spring or fall is better for you. ;-)