Thursday, September 1, 2022

The Sayings That Sustain Me

Hi, I’m Judith Ashley, author of The Sacred Women’s Circle series, soul nourishing romantic women’s fiction with light paranormal elements. My stories show you what life could be like if you had a place like The Circle where you are unconditionally accepted, supported and loved. And where, with this support, you make choices to overcome the darkest nights and choose love and light.

This month the Genre-istas are sharing their Favorite Quote. I’ve spent quite a lot of time trying to figure out what to say on this topic. What I realize is

It Depends

What does it depend on? What, in that moment, is happening in my life. As I write this I’m finishing a two week regime of two antibiotics. My body is not thrilled with this happening to it. So these past 10 days my Favorite is

This Too Shall Pass

Although I’ve known for decades that The World/The Universe does not always function as I’d like, this is the saying that supports me as I live through whatever it is.

All Things Happen in Right Time


A prayer I wrote for my Sacred Women’s Circle series is another favorite of mine. I say it every night when going to bed as well as at other times when I want to remind myself of how I want to “be” on planet earth at this time.

I am The Light
I am The Source
Through me Love Flows
Throughout The World

At the end of this post, upon reflection, perhaps It Depends is the best answer.

Learn more about my non-fiction books: Staying Sane in a Crazy World, provides you with a template to create your Personal Staying Sane Plan to help you through the challenging times.

You can find all of my books at your favorite e-book vendor. Be sure to ask your local library if you’d prefer to read my books through that resource. If you want a print copy? Ask your local independent bookstore to order it for you. If you are in the Portland, Oregon metropolitan area, my books are carried at Jan’s Paperbacks and Arte Soleil.

Learn more about Judith's The Sacred Women’s Circle series at JudithAshley.net

Follow Judith on Twitter: JudithAshley19

Check out Judith’s Windtree Press author page.

You can also find Judith on FB! 

© 2022 Judith Ashley

10 comments:

Deb N said...

So true, Judith - Ii Depends...for sure on the day and what is happening. And right now, with too many things flowing through my brain, I can't think of one quote that fits. I like the one you wrote - beautiful.

Lynn Lovegreen said...

Nice post, Judith. I also like your "Always choose love & light."

Judith Ashley said...

Deb, I think for some of us, It Depends is an overarching saying and then we have ones that are specific to what's going on in our lives at that moment. Another one I repeat is "I can do this!" As long as the message to us is a positive one, I say "whatever works" is the right one.

Judith Ashley said...

Thanks Lynn, I want the energy behind my message to be positive and I know we always have a choice. It doesn't always feel like it but we do.

Sue Ward Drake said...

Sometimes that is so darned hard. :)

Judith Ashley said...

Very true, Sue.

Sarah Raplee said...

Sometimes we are lucky enough to have to choose between two or more positive options. Other times it's a choice between "the lesser of two evils." But there is always a choice.

I love the prayer you wrote too, Judith!

Another good quote that reminds me to reserve judgement is, 'Could be good news, could be bad news. I's too early to tell."

Judith Ashley said...

Sarah, that is also a truth...often what seems to be bad news turns out to be good news or at least not so bad news.

Diana McCollum said...

Lovely post , Judith!

I like the prayer/quote you wrote for your book too.

Judith Ashley said...

Thanks for stopping by, Diana. That prayer first appears in "Elizabeth: The Lady and The Sacred Grove". When Elizabeth brings that prayer back to The Circle from her time in Ireland, it is adopted and appears in subsequent stories.