Thursday, May 18, 2023

Never a Bride?

 


By: Kathy Hills (Guest Blogger)

https://www.kathrynhills.com/



Ahh, May… A month of improving weather and promises of time off. It leads many to think of vacations, adventures, and fun excursions. With the unofficial start of summer in sight, let’s get packing!

Yet the heroine in my newest release – BRIANNA – ALWAYS A BRIDESMAID – thinks like this ALL THE TIME! Brianna is a content creator/influencer for the luxury travel industry. Wanderlust should be her middle name. That is…until she’s forced to travel with “the most boring man on the planet,” John Smith.

Here’s a bit about the book…

Opposites attract when a fun-loving extrovert clashes with Mr. Meticulous. Prepare for sparks, and don’t forget to pack for adventure!

Brianna Hart is the life of every party, sharing stories about exciting people and exotic destinations. She’s been a bridesmaid more times than she can remember. Yet the independent travel influencer has no desire to wed. She’s too busy building a brand and having a good time. All that comes to an abrupt halt when she’s audited by the IRS.

Unable to cancel an upcoming trip, her business mogul father steps in, suggesting one of  his tax attorneys accompany her to sort the mess out. A tedious accountant/lawyer…jet setting with the woman who eats breakfast, lunch, and dinner in different countries?

Feels more like punishment than a plan to Bri.

John Smith is unfazed by being called the most boring man on the planet. The epitome of conventional, he keeps a low profile and a tight schedule. He’s a much sought-after expert, after all. Clients pay big bucks for him to be prepared and precise. So why is he being saddled with a flamboyant trouble-magnet that doesn’t want his help? Surely someone else can babysit the boss’s daughter and get her out of a jam. Before he knows it, they’re off on a lightning-paced adventure. Should he really need dive gear and a machete to settle financials? And why is Brianna so extraordinarily kind and compassionate, not to mention desirable once he gets to know her?

This is a fast-paced, rom-com, sweet story if you’d like to check it out.

https://www.amazon.com/Brianna-Always.../dp/B0BT26DRS4




Brianna Hart lives life on the road. And she often jokes about her “Life in Luggage,” which she totes everywhere. John Smith discovers Bri packs some pretty odd items in her bags.

So, tell me… What’s the STRANGEST thing you’ve ever packed in a suitcase?

I hope you have a wonderful rest of May and that you have some fun adventuring.

HAPPY 12 TH ANNIVERSARY

ROMANCING THE GENRES!

Thanks for reading!

~ Kathryn

To learn more about me and my books, visit my website – www.kathrynhills.com

#romancingthegenres #kathrynhills #alwaysabridesmaid #newrelease #sweetromance

#contemporaryromance #romcom #KU #kindleromance

9 comments:

Kathryn Hills said...

Thanks for having me today! I hope you enjoy this sassy, sweet look at Brianna and John's love story adventure. This was a fun book to write, and I look forward to sharing it with your readers. :D

Judith Ashley said...

Kathryn, Thanks for joining us today! You certainly nailed it with the 'opposites attract' trope. I shuddered and then chuckled as I read your post. Shuddered because I was audited by the Oregon Department of Revenue once and that was challenging enough especially since I was sick with Epstein Barr. I chuckled at the image of Brianna and John traveling together.

Strangest thing I've packed? Not sure I've packed anything strange although I did spend extra time in customs because I had shells and seed pods I'd picked up on a trip to the Caribbean. I was able to keep the shells but lost the seed pods (I used to make wreaths).

Kathryn Hills said...

Oh, no, Judith! The first part of your story is awful. The second part??? We're twinsies! Except my epic shell haul was from the gulf coast of Florida. So, not quite as hard as being searched by customs. Although...there was that time I was headed to a book signing/writer's conference and sent TSA into a panic. Apparently, hundreds or Hershey's Kisses look like something else on their scanners. :/ Thanks for reading and chiming in!

Marcia King-Gamble said...

Years of working in the travel industry I've seen everything packed in suitcases. I used to work with a flight attendant who packed her own two burner stove so she could cook in her room. Then there are people who travel with their vibrators and forget to remove the batteries. I can go on.

I understand the concept of opposites attracting. Trust me, every mathematician, engineer, scientist or linear thinker find me and I am more of a creative.

Sarah Raplee said...

Your book sounds like a lot of fun!!! I love rom-coms:-)

Kathryn Hills said...

Hahaha...Marcia...I'd LOVE to sit down and listen to your travel stories! I actually thought about you (and some other travel-loving buddies) while I was writing this book.

Mathematicians, engineers, and scientists... I married an engineer 34 years ago, and I'm the artist-type. Sooo... :D

Thanks for inviting me today. Always fun to visit with your authors and readers!

Kathryn Hills said...

Thanks, Sarah, I love rom-coms, too! This book is super-sweet. But it's funny...even when I'm writing dark and scary, my characters find their humor. I love to laugh, and I really enjoy writing couples who can find the fun in life together. Even in a creepy cemetery or haunted mansion. ;)

Diana McCollum said...

Kathryn,
Your rom-com opposites attract sounds like a great book! A good summer read! Will put it on my TBR list.

I guess the oddest thing I ever packed was a Hawaiian war club my husband bought. :))

Kathryn Hills said...

Ooo...That sounds cool, Diana! A souvenir from a trip, I'm assuming.

And yes. Brianna's book is a fun summer read. Fast paced and on the shorter side. A great take-along read. :D