Wednesday, March 6, 2024

What I Look Out For...

By Robin Weaver



The things I look out for include:

  • The theme for my monthly blog. This month, my interpretation might be a bit off topic, but aren’t I always a little off? Don’t answer that!
  • Monsters under my bed. You probably call them spiders.
  • Monsters in the woods. You probably call those ‘skeeters.
  • Hairballs. Yep, have cats. And I frequently walk around in barefoot.  ‘Nuff said?
  • Where the dog does her thing. No, I don’t walk outside in bare feet, but I do like my shoes.
  • Band-Aid sales. With hobbies that include fused and stained glass, my poor hands have so many cuts I’m not sure I have fingerprints anymore… Which might be a good thing. 
  • Spell Check. It hates me!  Just this week, it changed “nichrome wire” to Nike come aware.  Also, corrected Kiln Gloves to “Okay, I love you.”  Not the best correction since it was going to my glass instructor.
  • Crazy Drivers. Wait, there are so many of them. I guess I look out for drivers.
  • French fries. Don’t touch mine.
  • Tenseness.  More specifically, I look for the wrong tense.  I have critique partners who switch from past to present tense in stories. They do this so often I think they’re time travelers.

  • Green cars. Have you noticed that most cars are now either black, white, or silver/gold. And occasionally blue.  You never see green cars anymore.  Is it a conspiracy?
  • Firecrackers. Okay, I just made that up. I don’t really look out for firecrackers. However, wouldn’t it be cool if someone wrote a story about a firecracker phobia. Wait, why don’t I do that?  GREAT. Now I have to worry about someone using my firecracker phobia idea.

All kidding aside, I’ll be looking out for you. And hope all the things you look for are good ones.

Happy St. Patty’s Day.

R

 

7 comments:

Judith Ashley said...

Okay, now I've got "green caritis" and I'll be looking for them wherever I do. I've several friends who already have "Firecracker Phobia" and if there was never a pop or boom again, they'd be very happy. You might even be able to interview them if you go forward with that story idea. And yes, Spell Check is not necessarily our friend.

Lorraine said...

A great post! I always look forward to reading your words of wisdom! I always look out for autocorrect - it seems the cyber elves correct my word after I send the message. It's quite embarrassing at times - I think they mess with my tenses, too. :)

Anonymous said...

So, so many things to look out for. I seem to have so many more. Thanks for the BLOG.

Anonymous said...

Lol loved the read! Entertaining, as always. You never disappoint :)
Always look forward to your writing!

Anonymous said...

We have a green 1998 Ford Explorer that you can’t see in the forest. Does that count? Lol

Sarah Raplee said...

Loved your post. My cat has only ever had one hairball, so I don't really watch for them. But he likes to plan sneak attacks on ankles and on hands that rub his belly, so we all watch out for HIM. Even the dogs.

Your posts always remind me to find the humor in things. Loved this!!!

Anonymous said...

I guess you could say I look out for blogs, your blogs in particular! xx