Thursday, March 25, 2021

There are 4 seasons, and each one is my favorite! by Peggy Jaeger

 I love the topic for this month because there's something so special about living in a country where the 4 seasons take on such different looks. I'm going to talk about New England, 'cuz that's where I hang my hat, and we always joke about the seasons this way:  don't like the weather? Wait five minutes. It'll change.

This is sososo true.

New England boasts the 4 typical seasons, and a few more: Winter, mud season, sugar season, black fly season, spring, summer, fall, leaf-peeping season, and back to winter again.







 A New England fall is like none other, as typified by the above photo. Autumn, or as the locals call it Leaf peeping season, brings in valuable tourism dollars as people from all over the world come to the area during the peak leaf changing months of September and October, to view the area's colorful majesty. A New England winter is also like none other. We have the full compliment of winter sports from skiing to skating, to ice fishing.





It's no wonder most of my small town romances take place in New England and during every season.
In First Impressions, the hero and heroine go apple picking in an orchard that's featured on the cover on a September day.
In my Match Made in Heaven series, the O'Dowd sisters live in the fictional town of Heaven, NH. Dearly Beloved takes place in the Fall, Today, Tomorrow, Always in Winter, and the newest, Baked with Love in Summer. All three books are rich in local seasonal descriptions.

Hope's Dream is a winter-themed book and takes place in Vermont ( another New England state!) Notice the skiing motif on the cover! So typical of Vermont!
Vanilla with a Twist is set in a vacation community in New England during the summer.



I can never choose a favorite season when I'm asked to because they are all so special and each one offers something wonderful.
So...what's your favorite season? Inquiring minds want to know. 
Okay, it's my mind. I want to know. Heehee

Looking for me? Here I am:

Blog me // Tweet me // Buy my books // Friend me // Pin me // read me // pitcure me // watch me // review me

and don’t forget to sign up for my newsletter here : Newsletter











10 comments:

MJ Schiller said...

Great post and such wonderful pictures! I love the apple-cider-drinking-sweatshirt-wearing-college-football-watching-weather. The-crisp-fragrance-of-leaves-stained-glass-yards-pumpkins-on-porches season. Apple-pie-pumpkin-bars-muffin-eating time of the year. I love Fall! :)

Sadira Stone said...

Beautiful photos! I've experienced a New England autumn exactly once, while visiting my bro- & sis-in-law in Woodstock, Vermont, quite possibly the prettiest town in the state.
Here in the Pacific Northwest, the prolonged rain and gloom is getting me down. I'm surprised this year at how much the amount of sunlight affects my mood and focus. Good thing we're moving to the desert--I may end up hating the heat, but I'll love the light!

Ilona Fridl said...

I live in Wisconsin, which is very similar to New England. My favorite seasons are Spring and Autumn, because of the colors. First with the flowers and the other with the leaves. Love your books!

peggy jaeger said...

MJ if I had to make a statement when asked, I'd vote for fall as the season I love THE best, but I love them all!!! peg

peggy jaeger said...

Sadira - that SAD ( seasonal affect disorder ) is a real thing!!!!

peggy jaeger said...

Ilona _ i lived in Superior WI, for 7 years before e moved here and I can tell you, geographically, it's pretty much the same climate.

Judith Ashley said...

Peggy, your photos are awesome. I particularly like the Fall one with the leaves reflected in the water. However, I can say something I like about each of the pictures. Thank you for sharing them!

peggy jaeger said...

Judith- thank you. I do love New England season! heehee

Maggie Lynch said...

What a lovely, joyous celebration of the seasons. I loved all your pics. Long ago, when I lived in Virginia I would take a trip to New England in the fall just for peeping. :) I have never seen such vibrant explosion of fall color as that in New England.

Though each season has its beauty, I admit that winter is one that I can only take for a week or two. The snow is beautiful but the work in getting around in it is not--especially now that I'm older and bones from a slip and fall break a lot easier.

Your book covers are delicious--very bright and happy. I can see how anyone looking for a feel good story would pick them up immediately. Thanks for such a lovely post.

peggy jaeger said...

Maggie - there really is nothing else on earth like a true New England autumn peeping season! I wish everyone in the world could experience it firsthand. Thanks for your kind words!!!