Tuesday, April 2, 2024

My skillz ...


Three things I do … 

Not THE three things I do well, or the ONLY three things I do well (I hope not at any rate), but just three things I do well and enjoy doing – which is probably why I do them well. Ha!

Top of the list, rain or shine, morning or night, is needle crafts. I not only enjoy counted cross stitch, crewel embroidery, and rug hooking, but some might say I’m addicted. I always have a project of some kind on the go and feel at a loose end if I don’t.


Next up is baking, my favourite kitchen activity for as long as I can remember. I read cookbooks as if they were novels, follow many, many food blogs, and am forever trying a new recipe. A home-baked dessert every night after supper is non-negotiable.



And finally, believe it or not, I thoroughly enjoy pulling weeds. And I’ve done so much of it, I’m now an expert, LOL. I find it calming and meditative, just me sitting on the ground with my hands in the dirt and the sun on my back. The full bucket of weeds and the tidy garden are my rewards. (Psst ... am I the only weirdo who enjoys pulling weeds?)


Luanna Stewart has been creating adventures for her imaginary friends since childhood. She spends her days writing many flavours of romance. When not torturing her characters, she’s in her kitchen baking something delicious. She lives in Nova Scotia with her patient husband and a hen.



2 comments:

Judith Ashley said...

Luanna, can I be your family? In my life the words "used to" are quite prominent. I used to do needle work. A couple of not-yet-finished projects will, most likely, remain not finished because I don't have the hand strength to finish them. I also "used to" make our bread and every Saturday bake pecan sticky buns or cinnamon rolls. Perhaps if I did the gardening you do, I could still eat a pecan sticky bun but I don't so sweets are not my friend.

Are the pictures of your projects and flowers? Lovely!

Deb N said...

Luanna - totally agree on all three of your skills. Miss having you living nearby, when on occasion, I got to try wonderful baked goods! Oh...and I miss you, too!